Arbroath vs Forfar Athletic

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mutch or Gomes (tbh I would also be bringing in David Crawford because Mutch is a great prospect and a very good young goalie who is going to make mistakes during his learning but imo we need a big experienced vocal keeper between the sticks and to control the back 4).                      

Whatley Little Hamilton Phillips

Kader McCord Scott Linn

Doris Skelly

unfortunate that Hester is away on  course but we have Prunty to come on if both Doris or Skelly are not threatening.

Really need to get 3 points in this home game.

On paper this one looks like it has the potential to be a cracking game. Included on my list of the games of the weekend from all three leagues.

https://hedgesandheartache.wordpress.com/2016/10/14/games-of-the-weekend-15th-october/

Where does the Arbroath - Forfar rivalry rank in relation to the other derbies in Angus?

On paper this one looks like it has the potential to be a cracking game. Included on my list of the games of the weekend from all three leagues.

https://hedgesandheartache.wordpress.com/2016/10/14/games-of-the-weekend-15th-october/

Where does the Arbroath - Forfar rivalry rank in relation to the other derbies in Angus?

For me

Arbroath v Mo

Arbroath v Forfar

Arbroath v Brechin

Forfar would be the same except Brechin is their main one, Mo the one they care least about, well, I think..

How is the drainage at Gayfield? Given the amount of rain there has been today and the amount forecast for tonight and tomorrow, hopefully there will be doubts over a waterlogged pitch.

Unusual for it to be waterlogged. Can't think of that ever happening to be honest but I'll be wrong. Usually ice and wind that calls our games off, more often wind.

Last season there was a whole week of terrible rain and our game went ahead, can't mind who it was against but it was early in the year. I decided to park my car on the bog behind Gayfield and it took 2 hours to get out. Pitch was still fine that day. ;)

For me

Arbroath v Mo

Arbroath v Forfar

Arbroath v Brechin

Forfar would be the same except Brechin is their main one, Mo the one they care least about, well, I think..

Forfar v Brechin
v Arbroath
v Montrose
Montrose have been poor for so long ive felt sympathy rather than rivalry even although they have a wee hoodoo on us.

Went past on way home from the shops. Ground behind harbour end goal is solid but soaking, gardening van in the ground with bags in the back too, sure he'll just be going over the park to make sure. Seemed more than fine in the general area though, if anything it's the wind that will have it off but it's been a lot worse wind wise with games going ahead so sure it'll be fine.

Game should be on, can see a lot of goals too.

Archived