Arbroath vs Forfar Athletic

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Aye, no word of the particular safety concern(s). I'm just concerned that seggy will become more common/the norm.

That's my concern as well as it now puts pressure on Forfar to think about the return fixtures. Have seggy and face the wrath of fans, or not have it, have a wee incident and get slated by the authorities. Another case of letting the few idiots win to the detriment of true supporters. If some cause trouble, deal with it on the day, ,throw them out, ban them from grounds, lock them up for the night, hit them with big fines but don't put fans off from coming to games.    

16 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Impossible to call the outcome. Current form rarely influences derby results but given we have lost our last two after seven straight wins you have to ask who is the on form team?

Forfar have had a cracking start but they also had one last season too.

Campbell will have his team really fired up for this one and it's going to be windy!

Home win 2-0.

28 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Would be interesting to see just how many shots on target or chances the likes of Doris or Prunty have had compared to Lister and the other guy that's been scoring for Farfir.

Think Andy Munro has more goals than Doris, Prunty and Lister.

Great team

And think the midfield are providing just strikers aren't at it. Skelly is our best nobody would've thought that before the season. I'd go him and Doris.

Some amount of good balls Bobbys been putting in the box week after week with no one on the end of them

Berwick set up by Bobby scored by Scott

Montrose set up by Prunty scored by McCord

Elgin good goal by Skelly

Stirling goal by Skelly set up by Omar, goal by Bobby set up by Skelly, Bobby pen, goal by Bobby set up by Omar, goal by Omar set up by Bobby

Clyde, goal by Skelly set up by Scott, goal by Bobby

Annan goal by McCord set up by Linn

Edinburgh, goal by Omar set up by Skelly, goal by Little set up by Linn, goal for Jimmy Scott

So goal wise

Bobby Linn (4)
Omar Kader (2)
Jimmy Scott (2)
Ryan McCord (2)
Ricky Little (1)
Skelly (3)

Assist wise

Bobby Linn (4)
Omar (2)
Jimmy Scott (1)
Prunty (1)
Skelly (2)

So of our 14 goals 10 have been scored by midfield players. 3 by one of our strikers. Assists all coming from midfield too apart from Skelly with 2 and Prunty with 1.

Midfielders definitely doing their job. If our strikers were firing and Mutch had been more solid we'd have won a good few of those draws.

Gutted to be missing this one (missed the Forfarshire Cup due to work last year too). I think if we get Tam and Lewis back, we've got a great chance. And...although he hasn't scored many, we've missed Coxy in the last 2 games too.
Score draw would be my tip and I'd be more inclined to go 2-2 than 1-1. DC will undoubtedly have the Lichties fired up (in the same way Montrose were up for it last time out in the league). Can GB get his troops fit and focussed?

Archived