Arbroath vs Forfar Athletic

It wasn't a pie, it was definitely a rock and my pal's dad was hit by it and was bleeding.

There was a pie thrown along with a coin, thrown by some school age kids, 4 or 5 years ago in the new stand at the Glebe. The pie hit my old man who was about 80 at the time and the coin hit his pal. We turned on the stewards who knew it was happening but chose to look away. With that in mind, are the stewarding arrangements at Gayfield maybe not considered sufficient for a derby? Arbroath supporters, can you comment?

There's plenty of stewards, don't think that is an issue.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There's plenty of stewards, don't think that is an issue.

How effective are they? I'm sure there will be rules regarding the amount of stewards but numbers aren't everything. The Glebe Park stewards were hopeless a few years ago and we had one at Station Park until recently who was more likely to start trouble than to prevent it. 

I agree with some points made earlier that Arbroath should be explaining why there's segregation but I think it's not their decision but the authorities. Arbroath are too well run to make unnecessary decisions like this.

My eldest boy is making his first away match and is excited about it, I'm dreading it as we've lost our way and Dick will have his players well psyched up. I still think Forfar have a better squad and ultimately a better gaffer but we've hit a bump in the road at a bad time. 

How effective are they? I'm sure there will be rules regarding the amount of stewards but numbers aren't everything. The Glebe Park stewards were hopeless a few years ago and we had one at Station Park until recently who was more likely to start trouble than to prevent it. 

I agree with some points made earlier that Arbroath should be explaining why there's segregation but I think it's not their decision but the authorities. Arbroath are too well run to make unnecessary decisions like this.

My eldest boy is making his first away match and is excited about it, I'm dreading it as we've lost our way and Dick will have his players well psyched up. I still think Forfar have a better squad and ultimately a better gaffer but we've hit a bump in the road at a bad time. 

Think if we had your keeper and strikers we would be better. Think us struggling and getting draws is down to the guys in those positions not playing great. Prefer our back 4 and midfield but would rather have Forfars strikers and keeper.

Aye, no word of the particular safety concern(s). I'm just concerned that seggy will become more common/the norm.

Hope not. It should never be enforced by the club unless there's been an incident between fans before, treat us like adults ffs it's no cheap going to games. Or if they've had it pushed on them by the police and it's costing us money. If they want to start doing it more often they need to make another segregated section for lower league clubs. If they done that nobody would complain.

Hope not. It should never be enforced by the club unless there's been an incident between fans before, treat us like adults ffs it's no cheap going to games. Or if they've had it pushed on them by the police and it's costing us money. If they want to start doing it more often they need to make another segregated section for lower league clubs. If they done that nobody would complain.

Definitely. Giving up half the ground to a small number of away fans is a joke. (No offence Loons fans, hope you bring a good few on Saturday)

Ach, it seems to go back to the Forfarshire final where the mixed infants on both sides decided to have a go at each other. The fact that said children on the Forfar side have not been seen for the last part of last season, and not at all this season, seems not to have penetrated the official mindset. I don't know what the story is at Gayfield, but I suspect it is the same. As far as the police are concerned, it seems to be the usual thing, ie anything to avoid having to do their job. Very bad decision, which a bit of thought might have prevented.

Barely any of the kids coming back to Gayfield from what I've seen either, even then the "incident" only really amounted to singing songs at each other. Literally the most pointless segregation I can remember 

Yup although the segregation of the 816 who attended Arbroath 0 East Fife 1 on 2/4/16 was similarly ludicrous.

26 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Can't the Club just assess on the day and open the gates if it looks sensible?

That sounds like a sensible, logical approach to this and that being the case I'd be amazed if the authorities allowed it.

Don't really see the need for segregation but it doesn't really bother me as I tend to stand in the same spot.

With regards to the game, we are still really waiting on us clicking into gear and the lack of firepower is obvious. Forfar's last two results I suppose give us some hope that we can beat them.

I fancy us as favourites for this one. Forfar has surprised everyone with their start. We have underachieved so far but look to have the better squad. It should make for a decent contest. 2.1 to the Lichties with Munro scoring with a header in the 89th minute.

Like I said earlier I'm not sure our strikers will score and Robbie won't make a mistake. Genuinely why I think so many games have ended up draws. Got goals in the midfield but we're always likely to lose one or not score because the way we've been uptop and in the sticks.

I think it'll be a draw.

Archived