Arbroath vs Forfar Athletic

4 games without a win...would be nice to get 3 points against the team who've set the pace so far. We need to start eating into Forfar's lead and Saturday would be a great start. Not even going to try and predict the starting XI, just hope it can get the job done.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a clue about this one.Pre Montrose at home thought this the fixture most likely to end winning run but now after two straight defeats including TNS beginning to fancy getting back on track at Gayfield but far from confident.

Can't believe this segregation is still being enforced, like someone said no wonder crowds are shite, if you were in two minds before the game then found out you had to spend £13 to be standing 60-100 yards away from the goal your team were shooting in for 45 minutes you wouldn't bother, prices should be lowered, ruins 45 minutes of the game

Get it sorted Arbroath

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Get it sorted Arbroath

While I agree segregation for this is just ludicrous, what exactly do you want the club to do?

Assuming this is a police decision, there are two options. We don't segregate, and it costs the club hundreds if not thousands of pounds in policing costs which takes out of the budget for the season, or we tell the police we're going to segregate and then don't on the day and defy them. The latter obviously isn't a realistic option, and the former would be rather silly from a business point of view. One of the main duties of the board is to put us in a position where the manager has as big a budget as possible to hopefully get us in the best possible position on the park. If they were pissing away thousands of pounds in a situation where there was no need to do so, they wouldn't be doing fulfilling that duty.

As I said - this is an absolute joke in my opinion, but blaming the club/ expecting them to sort it out and somehow overrule the police is not fair on them.

While I agree segregation for this is just ludicrous, what exactly do you want the club to do?

Assuming this is a police decision, there are two options. We don't segregate, and it costs the club hundreds if not thousands of pounds in policing costs which takes out of the budget for the season, or we tell the police we're going to segregate and then don't on the day and defy them. The latter obviously isn't a realistic option, and the former would be rather silly from a business point of view. One of the main duties of the board is to put us in a position where the manager has as big a budget as possible to hopefully get us in the best possible position on the park. If they were pissing away thousands of pounds in a situation where there was no need to do so, they wouldn't be doing fulfilling that duty.

As I said - this is an absolute joke in my opinion, but blaming the club/ expecting them to sort it out and somehow overrule the police is not fair on them.

Well say it then, or give some sort of indication or hint as to why

Settle doon Simon

If an official source told us it was police led, as we suspect, then people would likely pipe down

I mentioned months ago that the board really needs to have better interactions with the fans.

Far too often the fans are left scratching their heads wondering why this or that was done.

A little more information from the board would go a long way in helping the fans understand.

I fully intend to make use of the bar, as I always do at Gayfield. The simple answer is to keep my scarf in my pocket until I am inside. If everyone did this, it wouldn't half muck up their ludicrous segregation plans. Worth a thought?

24 minutes ago, bystander said:

How do u switch ends at half time?

If both sets of fans go in the same clockwise direction at half time, fully martialed by stewards with cattle prods and Police with dogs, this would solve this problem. A friend of mine from Brechin, ( the top team in Angus he reminds me) asks which end he, and other non Lichties and Loons fans should go to. Probably best to postpone this game until a sense of reality returns to Gayfield. 

7 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

I mentioned months ago that the board really needs to have better interactions with the fans.

Far too often the fans are left scratching their heads wondering why this or that was done.

A little more information from the board would go a long way in helping the fans understand.

I suggest you look at your Clubs website, but to save you time I have more or less copied it for you.

Arbroath F.C.

In relation to the forth coming fixture between A.F.C. and F.A.F.C. at Gayfield, in order to ensure that both sets of fans are fully pissed off, full segregation of supporters will be in place inside the stadium. Home supporters will occupy the harbour end of the ground, whilst the thirty Forfar supporters will occupy half of the sea enclosure, the pleasureland end,  half of the stand and a toilet cubicle each. Radios will be handed to Forfar fans to allow them to keep in touch. Supporters are reminded not to bring and Pyrotechnic devices into the stadium. This will include cigarettes, cigars and pipes unless the backy is considered not to be too strong and any potential reek not excessive. Bridies brought into the ground will be checked for sharp crusts. Additional stewards will be in place to ensure maximum costs to the Club and minimum effect on the day. The Club wish to thank all supporters for their cooperation in relation to these necessary arrangements and for attending the game even after we have made it as difficult as possible for them.

P.S. Both sets of fans will however have a pint or two together in Tutties as usual before being herded into their respective pens.  

I've been attending Forfar versus Angus neighbours home and away for nearly 40 years. Three instances of violence at Brechin games (once where it really kicked off at Glebe Park after a Brechin fan threw a large rock, Archie Knox left the pitch to cool things a told you I'd been attending a long time lol), twice at Links Park (none at Station Park) which were just handbags, I can only think of one wee instance versus Arbroath and it was a couple of guys in their 60s/70s. There may have been "ultras" recently but the Forfar ones seem to have disappeared. 

I can say, in my experience, the banter between us and the Arbroath fans is the most genuine. It's a shame about the segregation especially as the Arbroath fans share our tradition of changing ends at half time. I'm sure the club haven't taken this decision without input and pressure from the authorities but it does seem unnecessary. There was no segregation last week when Montrose visited Station Park.

I've been attending Forfar versus Angus neighbours home and away for nearly 40 years. Three instances of violence at Brechin games (once where it really kicked off at Glebe Park after a Brechin fan threw a large rock, Archie Knox left the pitch to cool things a told you I'd been attending a long time lol), twice at Links Park (none at Station Park) which were just handbags, I can only think of one wee instance versus Arbroath and it was a couple of guys in their 60s/70s. There may have been "ultras" recently but the Forfar ones seem to have disappeared. 

I can say, in my experience, the banter between us and the Arbroath fans is the most genuine. It's a shame about the segregation especially as the Arbroath fans share our tradition of changing ends at half time. I'm sure the club haven't taken this decision without input and pressure from the authorities but it does seem unnecessary. There was no segregation last week when Montrose visited Station Park.

I remember the Brechin guy being taunted by chants of "Joe90" before launching his missile in the vaguely segregated enclosure.Some minor mayhem and Archie coming up off the pitch to scare us into behaving.Interestingly i always thought missile was a pie ? 77/78 season at a guess.My mother grilled me when i got home on whether i was involved.

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:

I remember the Brechin guy being taunted by chants of "Joe90" before launching his missile in the vaguely segregated enclosure.Some minor mayhem and Archie coming up off the pitch to scare us into behaving.Interestingly i always thought missile was a pie ? 77/78 season at a guess.My mother grilled me when i got home on whether i was involved.

It wasn't a pie, it was definitely a rock and my pal's dad was hit by it and was bleeding.

There was a pie thrown along with a coin, thrown by some school age kids, 4 or 5 years ago in the new stand at the Glebe. The pie hit my old man who was about 80 at the time and the coin hit his pal. We turned on the stewards who knew it was happening but chose to look away. With that in mind, are the stewarding arrangements at Gayfield maybe not considered sufficient for a derby? Arbroath supporters, can you comment?

Archived