Dumbarton FC -v- Ayr United FC

2 hours ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

We've reverted to type. If Stevie Aitken survives his shoogly coat peg, we'll go on a run with 5 games to go and stay up by the skin of our teeth, like last year.

We were very poor today.

Sorry, but that is not going to happen this season. Too poor a side 3rd Rock:unsure:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Sorry, but that is not going to happen this season. Too poor a side 3rd Rock:unsure:

Ach, I'm too much of an optimist TBH and that's a fair point you make.

i don't want us to drop down. But I don't want us just to stay up on the last day. I really hope we can turn it round and if it means getting another Nade-type player to do it then great. Aitken is no doubt struggling a bit, just like Alan Adamson was. It's possible that he is just out of his depth at this level.

I also recall the wise words of an old work colleague called Jim Leishman - cousin to that  Jim Leishman - who said that sometimes, to get the confidence back in a team, you need to go down and start winning again, which will also bring the crowds back. I hope he's wrong, but I'm more inclined to agree with him, despite my optimism.

11 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

My patience has gone, I have given Stevie the benefit of the doubt, but this isn't good enough! We are rank! We can't beat Ayr, at home, who are gonna be down there with us at the end of the season! It's fucking grim!

Mmmmmmmmmm

10 hours ago, pandarilla said:

So this is your first post after making a right arse of a post earlier?

Having seen his earlier post and attended the game I fail to see what he made a mess of?

Please enlighten us. 

i don't want us to drop down. But I don't want us just to stay up on the last day. I really hope we can turn it round and if it means getting another Nade-type player to do it then great. Aitken is no doubt struggling a bit, just like Alan Adamson was. It's possible that he is just out of his depth at this level.

I admire your optimism but as I mentioned on the sons forum, we got away with this type of form last year due to the signing if Nade in January, given our decreased budget this year, what is the likely hood of this happening again?

5 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Just me or does it look like Harkins & Cairney have lost a wee bit of beef? 2nd goal came from Harkins chasing down a lost cause, not usually his forte.

Ps no hot food at half time? Did Dumbarton not realise a big club were in town?

Harkins looked the fittest I've ever seen him. Cairney is still a really odd triangular shape, but he was decent as well yesterday and certainly didn't look to be struggling.

I binge ate the hot food at half-time to try and cheer myself up.

Just me or does it look like Harkins & Cairney have lost a wee bit of beef? 2nd goal came from Harkins chasing down a lost cause, not usually his forte.

Ps no hot food at half time? Did Dumbarton not realise a big club were in town?

Were you one of the people verbally abusing the young girls selling the food?

Felt so sorry for one wee kid who was being dragged all over the shop by his steaming jake of a dad, because he was absolutely seething at the prices. Cut into the front of the queue, walked into the turnstile and tried to pay a fiver for him and his child to get in and when told the actual price went off on one saying he would "punch you straight through the turnstile ya c**t" whilst his young son stood looking thoroughly embarrassed.

No doubt Dumbarton were poor, but don't think enough credit is being given to Ayr. That's just one defeat in eight - a run that's included five wins - so we're due respect for being one of the form sides.

We've been playing really good stuff for weeks without an end product, so we were due to rack up a few when it all clicked.

What was noticeable yesterday was that Dumbarton were the first part-time team we've come up against. We looked head and shoulders above them in terms of sharpness, which is concerning if you're a home fan.

But I think it says more about what McCall has done with this team than anything else.

Were you one of the people verbally abusing the young girls selling the food?

Nope, nor did I hear any abuse directed towards them. Did actually feel sorry for those behind the kiosk, someone above them messed up.

Let's not dwell on Dumbarton's lack of half time pies, there's worse problems in the world.

The very first thing I saw today was Forrest knocking the ball into the net, I wish I had seen the build up but that's an incredible feeling tbh. I am usually much more punctual! 

Daryll Meggatt is a bit of a headache at left back, he is better defensively than Boyle but offers almost nothing on the ball, I would stick with him but he needs an actual winger in front of him for it to work properly IMO. 

Just about to tuck in to the highlights so I'll probably pop back with a bit more. 

3 hours ago, albundy said:

I admire your optimism but as I mentioned on the sons forum, we got away with this type of form last year due to the signing if Nade in January, given our decreased budget this year, what is the likely hood of this happening again?

Slim to Buckley's chance, Albundy. The budget might be all spent.

More chance of you selling some shoes than a Nade type coming to us again.

Nope, nor did I hear any abuse directed towards them. Did actually feel sorry for those behind the kiosk, someone above them messed up.

Let's not dwell on Dumbarton's lack of half time pies, there's worse problems in the world.

Pie-gate

"Feeeeeeed the Sooooooooooooons"
"Let them know there's pies out there"

Archived