Falkirk Vs Dunfermline Athletic 15th October 2016

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Odd bounces? Utter fucking shite...that pitch runs perfect

Agree with this. First time seeing the pitch at Falkirk Stadium, and I thought it looked a great playing surface. Heard people blame the pitch when the ball bounced over Talbot's head once, but I've seen the same happen on grass countless times. Falkirk get nowhere near the same advantage from their pitch, as we did from our plastic one. Game would have been the exact same, if it had been played on grass on a dry day. Obviously today, a grass pitch would have had puddles and players would have slipped in the mud a lot, given the weather earlier.

5 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

What a load of pish.

2 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Either you did see some of the game or you didn't, make your mind up. From the comment it's clearly the latter.

:lol: Jesus Christ. 

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Dinnae let down yer Falkirk cousins buddy

We'll lose. Heavily. 

This is actually concerning. If St.Mirren or Dumbarton manage to get a win at some point, we're humped. I think our hope this season is to be marginally less shit than those two. 

We'll lose. Heavily. 

This is actually concerning. If St.Mirren or Dumbarton manage to get a win at some point, we're humped. I think our hope this season is to be marginally less shit than those two. 

Nah, once yer team gels you'll be a mid table side. No chance you'll get relegated like.

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Nah, once yer team gels you'll be a mid table side. No chance you'll get relegated like.

You clearly haven't seen us then. We've had about 10 weeks to gel. We are dreadful and relegation is a real threat. 

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Indeed, when the ball is played along the deck it does run well, as most plastic pitches do. However the bounces it took off the plastic was erratic.

Not any reason why we lost, none of the odd bounces directly influenced play.

Wait till you go to Dumfries, where ball bobbles along the deck and has artificial bounces. I was never a fan of us getting artificial as in name it's artificial, but our pitch is as close to natural grass you'll find, tho do worry when we replace as its easy enough to go the wrong way.

3 points, wi no IOU's, in a game they were winning comfortably. Yet ended up making heavy weather of, for the last 15 mins.

Took their foot off the gas & let them back into things.

Hippo & Sibbs had good games, Kidd too until taken off.

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

I'd be lying if I said I hope your wrong xx

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

You clearly haven't seen us then. We've had about 10 weeks to gel. We are dreadful and relegation is a real threat. 

Two big ifs....if farid stays fit & if you can give him decent service he will score plenty ....Clark looks brutal though

We're exactly where we deserve to be right now, our hopes of improving rest solely on Herron coming back and holding the midfield together. AJ hasn't learned how to get the team together now I doubt he'll learn by next week.

Can go either one of two ways I suppose, we pay him off and try get a new man in the hope that with a decent manager he'll sneak us into the playoffs. Or we just ride it out and get one in at the end of the season, that counts on St Mirren staying pretty gash or us catching Ayr.

I'd be tempted to stick with the second option, the financial incentive isn't that great to finish between fourth and eighth? Prize money wise anyway.

Archived