Falkirk Vs Dunfermline Athletic 15th October 2016

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to the game. Have always enjoyed the Falkirk games more than the ones against Raith. Can't understand the fans trying to play down the rivalry, so that they can pretend they don't care if we get beat. Can guarantee, if we had been in good form, they'd be going on about looking forward to winning this.

As was the case with Raith away, I'm assuming a lot of fans will be buying tickets tomorrow or Saturday morning, as well as several assuming that this will be the same as every other away game against Falkirk, where it's announced on the Friday, that they will sell any remaining tickets on the day. For people living out with West Fife, this will be a more convenient way to buy tickets, rather than travelling to East End on a weekday. I believe we sold 1600 tickets by the Friday of the Raith game, and took 2,500. I would expect us to take around 1,500-1,600 to Falkirk. We won't sell out, because of form and longer travel distance (compared to Raith), but will take a decent crowd.

23 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Can't understand the fans trying to play down the rivalry

Probably because you'd struggle to find many Pars fans buzzing for this one. I wasn't going to miss it but I'm more excited about the pre-match food and drinks with my brother. We're not a very good team to follow at the moment and I'm definitely going out of hope rather than expectation.

19 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

So it's looking likely 1000 extra Dunfermline fans travelled to Kirkcaldy than will make the trip to Falkirk. That's a massive percentage. Case closed. 

That was only your third game of the season though.

You'd beaten Dumbarton and put in a credible performance at Easter Road in your first two games. 

I'd say you went in to the Raith game with a fair amount of optimism, but since then you've taken 4 points from 6 games. I'd suggest it's lack of enthusiasm for games in general than against us. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

We took far more than the reported 2500 to Raith.

Why do folk keep saying things like this? We took the amount reported, there was around 5,200 there and we had just under half. Even the Pars official website gives a figure of  2,519. What possible motivation would there be for the club to understate the support? We'll likely take about 1,200 to 1,500 to this I'd imagine. And despite photos of a half empty stand there will be folk claiming we took much more than the stated figure. Weird.

Look at the pictures of both home and away supports of that day. Look at the stand capacities and then tell me seriously that we had 7-800 empty seats. It was Rovers covering up the fact that they were horribly outnumbered. I'm not one for crowd wanking, but it's blatent lies. Would swap all that easily for a win though, anytime.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Look at the pictures of both home and away supports of that day. Look at the stand capacities and then tell me seriously that we had 7-800 empty seats. It was Rovers covering up the fact that they were horribly outnumbered. I'm not one for crowd wanking, but it's blatent lies. Would swap all that easily for a win though, anytime.

I felt Raith lied when we visited them too.

The numbers they gave for both home and away end looked way off.

15 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Think that's likely to mean that he'll get a move similar to Alston, middle premier team for an extra £500 a week or whatever. (unless we get promoted)

I'd guess we would be due a six figure or thereabouts training fee, taking the Rangers and Dundee utd training fee for Telfer into consideration.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Bearing in mind the Raith support is spread out over two stands, it's a bit weird to say they were horribly outnumbered, because they quite clearly weren't.

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I think the fact we'd be due a shedload of compensation would discourage that tbh. It'll be down South or another Falkirk contract.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

I'd guess we would be due a six figure or thereabouts training fee, taking the Rangers and Dundee utd training fee for Telfer into consideration.

My bad!

Remind me of how the compensation thing works again? I was under the (obviously wrong) impression that the player needed to be under 21 and a new contract offered that was at least equal to the last one. 

Cheers

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

So it's looking likely 1000 extra Dunfermline fans travelled to Kirkcaldy than will make the trip to Falkirk. That's a massive percentage. Case closed. 

No. Most fans know they have a better chance to win in Kirkcaldy than you habitual scudding's in Falkirk

I'll be decorating all weekend so will catch this on open all mics. Tried to find a bit of confidence but it's false - should be an easy home win. 

The rivalry with Falkirk was much more fierce than with Raith when I started watching games (in the Leishman/Duffy era). The rivalry has died a bit as we've not been near rivals for a long time. When we won the First Division a few years back Falkirk were not challenging. In more recent times we've been garbage. The Raith rivalry increased as we were both going for the title so the games had meaning beyond just bragging rights (until we put them back in their place).  

We're at the bottom end of the league, not playing well, not looking like we have much of a clue in terms of how to shape up and we lose against every team above us. Glory hunters or realists - can't say I'm too sad to be getting busy with the paintbrush rather than heading to Grangemouth. 

25 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

My bad!

Remind me of how the compensation thing works again? I was under the (obviously wrong) impression that the player needed to be under 21 and a new contract offered that was at least equal to the last one. 

Cheers

Sure the FIFA regulations are u23 and has to be the first pro contract.

I think there are minor loopholes by country but sure the u23 is set in stone of which by chance we made a killing on Mark Stewart as his 23rd birthday was after the season ended and Bradford signed him whilst he was 22

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No. Most fans know they have a better chance to win in Kirkcaldy than you habitual scudding's in Falkirk

:lol:

Still absolutely desperate to be hated. It's really needy and embarrassing tbh.

I suggest trying to manufacturer a rivalry with Livi. They're always on the look out. They tried it with us, we of course knocked them back.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

:lol:

Still absolutely desperate to be hated. It's really needy and embarrassing tbh.

I suggest trying to manufacturer a rivalry with Livi. They're always on the look out. They tried it with us, we of course knocked them back.

You really are a simpleton. 

Archived