Rate your signings

On 11 October 2016 at 16:43, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Hibs are not in a good place if they are classing Laidlaw as their best keeper. Makes howler after howler all the time.

It's a tough one to say at this point got to give credit to Laidlaw for his performances in the Euro game but Rocky was always coming in as no 1.  New country/teammates, we'll see how he does.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Marciano - 6: as said before he's not really been tested yet so hard to judge his goalkeeping ability so far. However I feel 10 times more comfortable when he's got the ball at his feet or in his hands and he's distributing it than I had with oxley and Logan. Think he will be solid enough.

Eckersley/Eardley- 4: seen him play 45 minutes and he was utterly abysmal. However; I'll give him the benefit of doubt considering it was his first 1st team appearance in a while. Looked unfit.

Shinnie- 2 - so far he's been absolutely horrendous. He keeps turning into trouble, his passing is off, he seems to shite it out of tackles often. But, considering it took Scott Allan a few months to warm up and get going and I think they're both very similar in their movements, I'll give him the benefit of doubt also. I think he will come good given time and fans giving him more than 5 minutes in a game before abusing him.

Holt- 6 : we look a far better side with him in the team. Offers a genuine physical presence that el alagui did whilst fit. Links up with Cummings well and I genuinely think he's bringing Cummings on by creating more space for him to work with. Lacking goals at the moment but if he helps Cummings score more then I don't really care. Seems to be a top guy going by his tweets about the old rangers.

Graham-5: not really been given a chance from the start but he looks decent and looks like he will be a rotation player for when Cummings/ holt need a rest. Took his goal well against Morton in what's probably our goal of the season so far.

Laidlaw-6: brilliant away to brondby although I thought he was poor in the shootout. Terrible against QOS in the cup but looked decent in all the other games. Decent backup goalie.

The problem I see with Shinnie at the moment is there are too many midfielders getting in each others way, wanting to do the same job. I remember we had a similar problem at times with Allan McGeouch in the first season. Not enough runs in behind and width. 

Archived