6 minutes ago, dipsy said:

It's always been a difficult question, but it's not helped at Station Park by this year's season ticket policy. Making it valid for league games only reduces any savings which might be made, and as one who, for various reasons, cannot make it to every home game, I would now be losing money if I got one. This means that this is the first time in over 20 years I have not bought a season ticket, and I am not the only one. I know there is a faction involved at Station Park who don't want ordinary supporters anywhere near the place, but a bit of thought from the board occasionally, and a wee bit of public relations (joke, by the way) would go a long way. As for reduced or free tickets for kids, McGregor would have a fit!

Most clubs seen to have their season tickets for league games only due to it costing you money when you play someone in a cup game and have to share the gate. I can still remember when I was young you got into everything with your ST, 1st team, reserves, cup games and friendly matches.

I'll be honest, £12 doesn't overly bother me, unless it's a Hampden or Cliftonhill where the view is atrocious. Maybe that's an offshoot of remembering that I paid considerably more than that on a regular basis in the old Division One. Is it value for money? Probably not for the neutral, but I don't think it's as disproportionate as what they're paying in the Premier league/Championship.

I've watched the last 2 Scotland games on tv - the supposed elite.Utter crap.I was loyal tartan army home and away but no longer gonna pay £35 / £40 to watch that rubbish.

The connection to league 2 prices u ask - over priced. Fully understand the viewpoint o some Junior fans who pay a fiver or £6.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If dropping to £10 would kill clubs then they clearly aren't very well run.

I doubt that the £2 would kill anyone but at the same time I doubt anyone would get a massive increase in attendances.

On 10/10/2016 at 16:50, Hampden Diehard said:

Just to chip in...we've kept our prices for Div 1 at last year's rate of £12.  Paid £14 for the delights of Cliftonhill last week.

Cliftonhill is actually a better matchday experience in my opinion. You get a better view of the game, it's not 500 fans rattling about in a 52,000 capacity stadium - better atmosphere, they produce a decent matchday programme, you don't get fleeced for a pie and bovril and you have Big Owen's bar two minutes up the road. Also the stewards are less jobsworthy at Cliftonhill... 

I doubt that the £2 would kill anyone but at the same time I doubt anyone would get a massive increase in attendances.

£2 per person on an attendance of say 500 is £1000. Realistically, children go free, concessions would go from £6 to £5 so the actual figure would maybe be half that.

Although, £500 x 20/25 home games is a difference of over £10,000 a season.

Just to chip in...we've kept our prices for Div 1 at last year's rate of £12.  Paid £14 for the delights of Cliftonhill last week.

Aye but shite programme, shite atmosphere and shite pies at the price of a limb. Only positive is its easy and quick to get away to the town centre

Be honest, is it worth it ?

The majority o Amateur Athletes train a lot harder for zilch.

From an away point o view bus costs too '

Football in general,overrated,overpaid !

The Ant Hill Mob, up at Galabank, want to pay us £12 to attend. Woeful viewing, last couple home games.

Cliftonhill is actually a better matchday experience in my opinion. You get a better view of the game, it's not 500 fans rattling about in a 52,000 capacity stadium - better atmosphere, they produce a decent matchday programme, you don't get fleeced for a pie and bovril and you have Big Owen's bar two minutes up the road. Also the stewards are less jobsworthy at Cliftonhill... 

Just a shame that you can't see the match being played from ground level or from behind the many stand supports.

Dreadful ground and dreadful experience (apart from the whooping goalkeeper)

The stadium is a disgrace.

23 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Used to love Big Owen's but it ain't what it used to be. Rubbish pub since it was tarted up.  Sadly can't disagree with the rest of your post though

I've always felt a portion of the TV deal should be portioned off and used to subsidise capped ticket prices. £10 in L2, £12.5 L1, £15 Championship. Wouldn't be difficult to do revenue forecasts based on previous seasons (adjusted for division etc) then if there's a shortfall (I think it would be very small in many cases) the TV pot is used to top it up to the forecast level.

Aye I know, I'm dreaming.

Archived