Work Events/Nights out.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Mmmm, drunk middle aged women you say?

13 hours ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

I've been incredibly drunk on more than one occasion with just one of my work mates. I'm actually taking her with me to my new job too. Neither of us have or would ever do a work night out. There's a couple of others I'd choose to spend time with outside work but mostly, no. 

Mmmm, drunk middle aged nurse you say?

Rumours has it, GBX is playing our works night out this year. Unfortunately it falls in my birthday weekend so I shall not be attending. Don't see the point  in having GBX anyway if you cannae get swedgered oot yer tits.

2 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Airth Castle? If so avoid, very very expensive drink.

I think so.  Satyrday is a no go anyway, especially in the middle of nowhere. 

I got steaming one work night out and threw a company branded Frisbee (no idea why one was even there) at a manager and caught him right on the chops...

On another one, me and one of my workmates got into a fight outside the pub, we made up pretty much instantly though afterwards.

On another one I smashed a glass off the bar, didn't mean it, but it cut my hand right open and I bled everywhere before getting chucked out. Eta: nearly got lifted that night as the coppers noticed I was covered in blood when I was waiting on my taxi. Luckily I knew one of the officers or I'd have been in the cells.

The last one I went to I called some woman in the office a lesbian..

I was an arsehole when I was younger....now I don't go to work nights out.

Got the fear just thinking about that stuff [emoji26]

I haven't been toany work nights out in years but I think I may be compelled to attend our one this year.  I really like all my colleagues but I just can't really be bothered with drinking any more yet I think I'll be ostracised if I don't partake in all day drinking.

Any suggestions for how I can get out of this side of things without offending anyone?

I haven't been toany work nights out in years but I think I may be compelled to attend our one this year.  I really like all my colleagues but I just can't really be bothered with drinking any more yet I think I'll be ostracised if I don't partake in all day drinking.

Any suggestions for how I can get out of this side of things without offending anyone?

Join them halfway though.

Is your night out an all day affair? Ours is just meeting at a room we've booked in a pub at around eight.

In a factory of about 200 folk, 4 of them are 4 of my best pals who've I've known for years and another 3 who I've met in here and play golf with regularly are the only ones I'd ever want to see outside of work. 

Most of the guys are sound and we get on fine but why you'd want to go on a night out with them when you could just head out with your neebers instead is beyond me. 

I've went to previous work nights out but have stopped going recently. I'm 23 but the majority of the work force are 35+ but all try to act like they're 17. It's a bit weird.

They've also went a tad OTT this year and are doing a night away as part of their Christmas night out. Right in the middle of my exams so that's not happening. Two days away full of work colleagues with 70% of the conversation being about work.

I agree with the guys saying that non-drinking ends up being an issue at these kinds of events. I am not tee-total but don't drink very much so I find it dull as f**k once everyone is plastered and can't string a sentence together. I generally have a few cokes, stay for 2 hours then head off.

It can be worse when you are out for a meal and everyone is knocking back numerous bottles of wine then insist on splitting the bill equally at the end, you end up paying for everyone else's drink which isn't much fun if you are skint (as most folk are around Christmas time).

Archived