Question for the Hibees

Obviously we signed Scott Allan from you who was a big player at Hibs, then you had Liam Henderson on loan from us. You are probably best placed to judge both players as you seen them play on a regular basis for Hibs.

Which of the two players would you say is the best? If you could have just one of them back who would you take? Why do you rate player X better?

Interested to read the feedback & comparisons of the two in your opinion.

Obviously Hibees will have seen much more of both of them but as an opposition fan I thought Henderson, despite his slightly annoying tendency to have unexpected "balance problems" on the pitch :rolleyes: was a much more effective player than Allan. Scott Allan is neat and tidy and doesn't lose possession easily but he's a footballing crab. Everything goes sideways.

Scott Allan got 17 assists and won player of the year. I love Henderson for helping us get the Scottish Cup, he'll go on to be a better player and have a much better career than Allan but Allan was superb the season he was with us. 

I wouldn't call him a footballing crab at all when he was here, he nearly always went for the killer. Good player.

7 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Scott Allan got 17 assists and won player of the year. I love Henderson for helping us get the Scottish Cup, he'll go on to be a better player and have a much better career than Allan but Allan was superb the season he was with us. 

I wouldn't call him a footballing crab at all when he was here, he nearly always went for the killer. Good player.

Not once in four games did he go for anything resembling a "killer" against Queen of the South. I paid him more attention than usual for opposition players given his reputation but failed to see what the fuss was about. McGeouch and Henderson both look much better players. However, I'll concede that four games, three of which Hibs failed to score in, probably wasn't him at his best.

tough one to judge.. Allan was certainly the more consistent of the two to play for us. He was unplayable in the 4-0 game v Rangers.

I'd have Henderson back before him though, brilliant with a dead ball and on his game he is excellent. He often fell away after 60 minutes of a game though and was often better as an impact sub, as in a certain cup final.

Allan had a superb season with us and he was a joy to watch at times. Individually he had a better season than Henderson imo but Henderson will go on to be become a better all round player and have a better career than Allan. In fact you could argue that Henderson has already had a better career despite being 4 years younger.

As TGIG has mentioned he was far from a footballing crab. We actually missed/still miss having the type of player that can play the type of killer ball that Allan was capable of. Sometimes he was actually a step ahead of the players in front of him.

I would much rather have Hendo back on account of his attitude, desire and ability. One of my favourite ever players.

Scott Allan can go f**k himself.

Allan's one of those players who everything has to go through for him to be effective. Henderson looked like, potentially at least, a much more all rounded player.

The point about Allan being a step ahead of our other players is a fair one. That boy loves a wee reverse through ball. They were usually so well disguised that they not only beat the opposition's defence but our strikers as well  :lol: 

2 hours ago, conboyhibs said:

tough one to judge.. Allan was certainly the more consistent of the two to play for us. He was unplayable in the 4-0 game v Rangers.

I'd have Henderson back before him though, brilliant with a dead ball and on his game he is excellent. He often fell away after 60 minutes of a game though and was often better as an impact sub, as in a certain cup final.

Henderson's Dad suffered similar in going missing in games, Henderson being younger and still got time on his side, whereas Allan has had one too many last chance saloons to show what he can do I think answers the question.

That said, Celtic will probably free both them or sell for token fees

I think it sums it up that Allan is struggling in a Rotherham relegation side whilst celtic are holding in to henderson . I thought henderson was an excellent player last season with hibs whilst allen will most probably be on the dolle if he doesnt get his finger out.

Henderson is a very good player. Only 20 and will improve further. His desire and attitude while at Hibs was incredible, I think we will see him back soon enough. We gave Allan a chance, he had one good season playing regularly then tried to engineer a move to the **** so he can get himself to f**k. Hope he enjoys sitting on his arse at Rotherham. 

Archived