Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2016-17

HibeeJibee

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's been planning permission in place for the enclosure since the end of last year and building warrants approved too.

Didn't know that, but it makes sense considering the toilet blocks are in currently... Would be a waste of money to apply twice!

...but that doesn't mean they have the funding in place yet. Missing out on playing Celtic may have cost them promotion this year, while it set EK very much on an upward trajectory..

Just to confirm I was talking about Newton Stewart. The works for the enclosure are £15,000 which will be part covered by grants no doubt

Personally glad Selkirk will remain in the LL next season. Really enjoyed my trips there this season. Yes even that 4-7 defeat. Hope they can push on a bit next season. 

55 minutes ago, Shannon said:

If Cowdenbeath do go down then I think won't be long until 2 up 2 down from League Two to Highland / Lowland League(s).

It's not even 1up 1 down. Need to have an automatic place first.

It's not even 1up 1 down. Need to have an automatic place first.

IF Cowdenbeath go down, East Stirling stay down and Clyde continue to struggle at wrong end of league two then I believe be wanting to make it easier to get out lowland league....

On 5/6/2017 at 23:24, Shannon said:

IF Cowdenbeath go down, East Stirling stay down and Clyde continue to struggle at wrong end of league two then I believe be wanting to make it easier to get out lowland league....

...whilst simultaneously making it easier to drop into.  Can't see it happening anytime soon.

On 5/6/2017 at 23:24, Shannon said:

I was at Saughton yesterday... Work has yet to begin, but the chat was it should take place over the coming months. I think there must be high probability of a champions playoff next season - all of the usual SOSL contenders are licensed, and in EOSL you'll have likes of LTHV, Preston, Kelty and maybe Leith (who apparently have 1yr left at Meadowbank 3G).

24 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I was at Saughton yesterday... Work has yet to begin, but the chat was it should take place over the coming months. I think there must be high probability of a champions playoff next season - all of the usual SOSL contenders are licensed, and in EOSL you'll have likes of LTHV, Preston, Kelty and maybe Leith (who apparently have 1yr left at Meadowbank 3G).

Leith will have no chance of a licence then if they are at Meadowbank 3G next season?  Or would they be allowed to arrange a groundshare for 2018/19 and get a licence on that basis?

Any predictions on how Preston will do next season?  If Kelty join then I'd put them at 4th place at best.  Could be wrong though but LTVH and Leith seem to be easily above the lower Lowland League teams.  I think I'd predict Tynecastle to finish ahead of them right now as well.

That's what I mean, aye - if Leith must groundshare somewhere else for say 2yrs, perhaps they could get licensed there. Almost every other senior ground in the Lothians is licensed.

No idea about Preston, only seen them a couple of times. They did host LTHV in the South Challenge Cup this season and lost 2-1 and hosted Leith in the EOS Qualifying Cup again losing 2-1.

Lothian will be happy to remain unlicensed as long as they keep winning the Alex Jack Cup. Probably the easiest of all cups to win imo. 

How the winners of that v the SOSFL equivalent get a place in the Scottish is beyond me. :wacko:

Fully justified, IMO.

Junior non-members can qualify by winning their Superleague *or* the Scottish Junior Cup.

Senior non-members can qualify *only* by winning their league. No cup route. (Plus their leagues contain many licensed clubs - hardly any in Juniors).

As such granting a place to the new South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners' Shield would simply level the playing-field.

38 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Fully justified, IMO.

Junior non-members can qualify by winning their Superleague *or* the Scottish Junior Cup.

Senior non-members can qualify *only* by winning their league. No cup route. (Plus their leagues contain many licensed clubs - hardly any in Juniors).

As such granting a place to the new South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners' Shield would simply level the playing-field.

All I meant was its probably the the easiest competition for gaining Scottish Cup entry. 

The junior and amateur cups, al keep my opinions to myself whether they should be in or not, play several rounds to qualify. 

Leith will have no chance of a licence then if they are at Meadowbank 3G next season?  Or would they be allowed to arrange a groundshare for 2018/19 and get a licence on that basis?

Any predictions on how Preston will do next season?  If Kelty join then I'd put them at 4th place at best.  Could be wrong though but LTVH and Leith seem to be easily above the lower Lowland League teams.  I think I'd predict Tynecastle to finish ahead of them right now as well.

Seen kelty recently. They've so much quality and strength in depth. If they were in LL I'd have them as favourites for the title.

Archived