Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2016-17

HibeeJibee

16 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Chairman of the LL. Obviously his jacket is on a shoogly peg. A very interested party (hint, a wee short man :lol: ) mentioned it to me last week.

Hmmmm will Preston get a last minute reprieve  I wonder........ 

Edit : I'm only being mischievous but ye just never know :P

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Glenconner said:

That Lowland League will snare a Clyde or maybe even a St Mirren one of these days.

Only takes a financial meltdown and a club will drop through the leagues faster than a whore's knickers.

Cowdenbeath? They're a bigger club than I expected to grace the LL for a few year yet

Cowdenbeath? They're a bigger club than I expected to grace the LL for a few year yet

From what the Shire fans have been told, apparently they're not getting money from the stock cars any more, hence the rapid decline. Might only be rumours but a Cowden fan might be able to confirm or deny.

3 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

From what the Shire fans have been told, apparently they're not getting money from the stock cars any more, hence the rapid decline. Might only be rumours but a Cowden fan might be able to confirm or deny.

We haven't had rental from the stock cars for about 8 or 9 years.

6 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I didnt realise it was that long ago. The impression we were given is that it was only in the last year or two this happened.

Nah its been a while. Gordon McD sold up in 07 and left the club a year later. Since 2010 the current board have been running things and its a case of working with what we bring in and what the directors have put in personally.

We're more or less in the same boat as the Shire re the ground situation. Dropping out of the Championship, then League 1 has had a massive effect on things as you would imagine regarding the income we've went to having 2 home games against each Hearts, Hibs and Rangers to playing sides with small travelling supports in the main. Then the drop in league sponsorship money which is also huge.

Nah its been a while. Gordon McD sold up in 07 and left the club a year later. Since 2010 the current board have been running things and its a case of working with what we bring in and what the directors have put in personally.
We're more or less in the same boat as the Shire re the ground situation. Dropping out of the Championship, then League 1 has had a massive effect on things as you would imagine regarding the income we've went to having 2 home games against each Hearts, Hibs and Rangers to playing sides with small travelling supports in the main. Then the drop in league sponsorship money which is also huge.

Yeah I can imagine. Thanks for clearing that up for us! Big win today for you guys sets up an interesting end to the season!

Dramatic finales approaching across all 3 leagues.

Lowland League
Preston are sure to finish bottom, but there remains a dog fight between Selkirk and Hawick to avoid second bottom. This could mean relegation if HL champion prevailed in play-offs for promotion to SPFL2. Selkirk currently have 1pt advantage and they are also 6 GD and 4 GF better off than their Border rivals. However the Albert have 3 games left instead of just 2.

Selkirk
Sat 15 Apr - Preston (A)
Sat 22 Apr - Civil Service (H)

Hawick
Sat 15 Apr - BSCG (H)
Tue 18 Apr - Vale of Leithen (H)
Sat 22 Apr - Stirling Uni (A)

South of Scotland League
Some of Wigtown's wheels have come off during the last week but it's still all in their own hands. They were held to a draw at home to second-bottom Nithsdale a week past Saturday and were then thrashed 4-0 away to title rivals Edusport two days ago. They are 1pt ahead of Edusport, both having 2 games left - but Edusport are sitting 7 GD and 10 GF better off.

Wigtown
Sat 15 Apr - Mid Annandale (A)
Sat 22 Apr - Abbey Vale (H)

Edusport
Wed 12 Apr - Threave (H)
Sat 22 Apr - St Cuthbert (H)

East of Scotland League
Leith are 5pts ahead and far superior on and GD and GF but only have 3 games left to LTHV's 5 games. They meet in what could be a last-day decider. Neither of the contenders are licensed.

Leith
Sat 15 Apr - Eyemouth (A)
Tue 02 May - Tweedmouth (A)
Sat 13 May - LTHV (A)

LTHV
Sat 15 Apr - Stirling Uni EOS (H)
Sat 22 Apr - Burntisland (A)
W/Sa 3/6 May - Eyemouth (H)
Wed 10 May - Tweedmouth (A)
Sat 13 May - Leith (H)

It sounded like there is a licencing committee meeting on the 20th of April which Kelty will be attending and there may be others too. LHV would have to have their application in already for that and i don't think they've carried out the building work either.

I don't know if Leith have everything else in place for a licence. They could theoretically share a licenced ground with meadowbank closing but doubt Whitehill would want them due to the pitch and Preston will be doing anything to avoid being relegated.

Did Leith used to share at Civil Service?

3 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

It sounded like there is a licencing committee meeting on the 20th of April which Kelty will be attending and there may be others too. LHV would have to have their application in already for that and i don't think they've carried out the building work either.

So basically only Edu Sports from the south look likely candidates who would join the LL with Wigtown not interested according to  the talk from the SOSFL forum. 

I can still see Preston saved from relegation..... 

2 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

I don't know if Leith have everything else in place for a licence. They could theoretically share a licenced ground with meadowbank closing but doubt Whitehill would want them due to the pitch and Preston will be doing anything to avoid being relegated.

Did Leith used to share at Civil Service?

Yes but different pitch from the Strollers, leagues have made a lot of changes since them days. 

Archived