Buckie Thistle

Dysart

They've made some great signing recently as I mentioned in the L2 Trapdoor Watch thread.

Guys like Sam Urquhart who has L2 experience, and Kevin and James Fraser seem to have settled very well.  Add in you still have the remnants of the back to back title winning team of 08-09 and 09-10 with guys like Lewis MacKinnon, and you have yourself a real chance.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

They've made some great signing recently as I mentioned in the L2 Trapdoor Watch thread.

Guys like Sam Urquhart who has L2 experience, and Kevin and James Fraser seem to have settled very well.  Add in you still have the remnants of the back to back title winning team of 08-09 and 09-10 with guys like Lewis MacKinnon, and you have yourself a real chance.

Lad I know is their goalkeeper who signed from Montrose last summer, and has settled superbly. Saw Buckie for the first time at Inverurie in the Scottish Cup where they won 6-0 - a young, hungry midfield with McLeod up front offering great variation in his play, the complete striker, beside Andy Low who held the ball up so well. Sam Urquhart had a field day on the left.

Couple that with the experience at the back and it's a very good mix. What impressed me more than anything was their team spirit, at every goal, celebrated together, with the management and subs. A team that is totally together - like Cove last season, both better than the sum of their parts. Spider is an intelligent bloke who suffered as a player due to severe white line syndrome. It does not surprise me at all that he's started very well in management.

46 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Lad I know is their goalkeeper who signed from Montrose last summer, and has settled superbly. Saw Buckie for the first time at Inverurie in the Scottish Cup where they won 6-0 - a young, hungry midfield with McLeod up front offering great variation in his play, the complete striker, beside Andy Low who held the ball up so well. Sam Urquhart had a field day on the left.

Couple that with the experience at the back and it's a very good mix. What impressed me more than anything was their team spirit, at every goal, celebrated together, with the management and subs. A team that is totally together - like Cove last season, both better than the sum of their parts. Spider is an intelligent bloke who suffered as a player due to severe white line syndrome. It does not surprise me at all that he's started very well in management.

I forgot Andy Low was there.  Did he not leave then come back?  He defintely won at least one league title with Buckie.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I forgot Andy Low was there.  Did he not leave then come back?  He defintely won at least one league title with Buckie.

He left to play at Inverurie Locos then returned to Buckie. Indeed he did, scored the winning free kick against Deveronvale on the final day in their second title winning year, the final day decider after Deveronvale threw away the lead a fortnight previously at home to a poor but inspired Brora Rangers.

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

He left to play at Inverurie Locos then returned to Buckie. Indeed he did, scored the winning free kick against Deveronvale on the final day in their second title winning year, the final day decider after Deveronvale threw away the lead a fortnight previously at home to a poor but inspired Brora Rangers.

Yep, was at a few games in the 09-10 season as my mate was the Buckie striker at the time.  A fantastic side they had then.

Looking more and more like a Buckie Thistle vs East Kilbride playoff is on the cards - assuming the hoops can keep this great run ticking over. EK are already unlikely to be caught in the Lowland.

Think either side would be a tough obstacle for whoever finishes bottom of League 2...

Agreed.  And it looks increasingly like its going to be Edinburgh City they face.  I reckon both Buckie and EK are salivating at the prospect of getting them over 2 legs.

City are only 4pts back. One win and that's potentially 1pt. So too early to say anything on that front yet.

Similar with Buckie - they're 5pts clear but all it takes is 1 defeat and that's just 2pts.

Somewhat different kettle-of-fish with EK - 10pts clear with a game in hand, and remaining games to halfway are Vale (H), BSCG (H), Civil Service (H), Spartans (A).

55 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

City are only 4pts back. One win and that's potentially 1pt. So too early to say anything on that front yet.

Similar with Buckie - they're 5pts clear but all it takes is 1 defeat and that's just 2pts.

Somewhat different kettle-of-fish with EK - 10pts clear with a game in hand, and remaining games to halfway are Vale (H), BSCG (H), Civil Service (H), Spartans (A).

Unless they sign 20 new players I wouldn't be backing a team that has a 0/8 win record to pick up too many points between now and April. A 4 point deficit after 8 games can be extrapolated to be double figures with 4 games to go.

That said, they do seem to be slowly improving.

Edited by cmontheloknow

15 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Unless they sign 20 new players I wouldn't be backing a team that has a 0/8 win record to pick up too many points between now and April. A 4 point deficit after 8 games can be extrapolated to be double figures with 4 games to go.

That said, they do seem to be slowly improving. starting to get to grips with the fact all the other teams in the league aren't East Stirlingshire...

There

• 7 months later...

Gents, think many Rovers fans are hoping for an away trip in League Cup. What's the best way to get to the ground? Is there a closer train station than Keith? Obviously tie hasn't been confirmed yet. But I'd appreciate the help anyway. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Closest train station is Keith. If your getting a bus you would need to change at Fochabers, best check the stagecoach website for times etc. If a few boys going together probably easiest to chip in for a taxi, it's not far. Good luck!

• 1 month later...