What you get from the chippy.

Romeo

So, plenty of chat about chip shops, but what's your standard order? Do you get anything else, pickles or god forbid a fucking pickled egg?

I usually always get a haggis supper, plenty of salt and vinegar with a buttered roll.

No Salt n sauce or "chipper" chat please. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99% of the chippies up here are shite tbh. If hungry or pished I'd get a pizza made at the chippy & whatever the missus wants, usually a chicken leg supper with salt n sauce. I tried SnS when I 1st came up here, the sause is just brown sauce "watered" down with vinegar, it's fucking rancid.

Over the border, well at least from the bit I originate from if you asked for a fish supper, they'd think a) you are a dick & b) they'd just wrap a fish up. They don't give a f**k when you eat it but if you want chips with it you have to ask for them.

Grimbo

Don't entertain chippies in the West coast as they are rancid. If I'm up in Fife I'll usually go for a white pudding supper, broon sauce and a single fish in Kirkcaldy. 

Can I request that people edit their answers to add their weights? I'm quite interested to see if there's a correlation between the supper++ aficionados and the fuller-figured.

• Fish supper

OR

• Megahaggis supper

OR

• Steak pie supper

11st 9lb (74kg)

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

I prefer a rib or hamburger to the traditional lump of battered fish.

Glasgow chip shops are far better than those in the capital.

I think the heroin helps enhance the flavour of east coast chip shops.

Never ever considered getting a haggis supper and a black pudding/fish/pizza chaser.

If from my local a Pudding Combo Supper ( 1/2 a black pudding, 1/2 a red pudding, 1/2 a white pudding, 1/2 a haggis pudding) 

Anywhere else that looks decent and they might know what they doing a fish supper,

Or if not feeling brave enough mince pie or smoked sausage supper.

Always get salt and vinegar, always ask for the salt on first.

Tonight it will be a half pizza supper before I fly back to Canada tomorrow.
Not had a chippy ( anyone who calls it chipper deserves never to have one again ) since I came back just over a week ago.

1 hour ago, Grim O'Grady said:

99% of the chippies up here are shite tbh. If hungry or pished I'd get a pizza made at the chippy & whatever the missus wants, usually a chicken leg supper with salt n sauce. I tried SnS when I 1st came up here, the sause is just brown sauce "watered" down with vinegar, it's fucking rancid.

Over the border, well at least from the bit I originate from if you asked for a fish supper, they'd think a) you are a dick & b) they'd just wrap a fish up. They don't give a f**k when you eat it but if you want chips with it you have to ask for them.

Grimbo

Listen pieface, if it's that good, f**k off back there.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Listen pieface, if it's that good, f**k off back there.

I came up here for the healthy lifestyle, do you want me dead as well?

I do miss chippy cheese & onion pies though with mushy peas & proper cooked chips, yummy (salt no vinegar, if I wanted soggy chips I'd get them in Edinburgh).

Grimbo

1 hour ago, ShinobiDandy said:

Fae the CHIPPER I'll get a King Rib supper with a White Pudding chaser with plenty salt and vinegar. My girlfriend lives in EK and all EK and Glasgow can get tae f**k. Over greasy, soggy shite

I think I've met your girlfriend.

Archived