So I have a virtual reality headset.

Lofarl

Had a game of Paranormal activity game.  Noped the f**k out of that pretty quick.  I like my horror stuff, but Jesus if my heart was honestly pounding at points.  Here's a video of someone playing to get the idea.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the ps4 vr headset today. I've only really messed about with the little Playroom app so far but it's incredible. The wife had a shot and I was buckled just watching her reaction. I've got Resi and Farpoint with it, I'll get a shot of those tonight.

It's been a bit of an expensive fad for me so far. I enjoyed it massively at first but the notion has just wore off and it's gathering dust.

I'm very interested to see the Champions League Final in VR. I think if it's going to take off its in the sport/music events. VR gaming whilst cool... just won't ever be mainstream.

• 4 weeks later...

Fallout and Doom 4 confirmed for PC with Skyrim to follow after being exclusive to PS4 first.  Happy to see Bethesda take an interest in VR.  My dream VR game would be Alien Isolation.  Loved that game. 

I am really enjoying Star Trek Bridge Crew in VR.  Most the people I play with have the Playstation VR headsets as opposed to PC.  Great wee game though. 

Fallout and Doom 4 confirmed for PC with Skyrim to follow after being exclusive to PS4 first.  Happy to see Bethesda take an interest in VR.  My dream VR game would be Alien Isolation.  Loved that game. 
I am really enjoying Star Trek Bridge Crew in VR.  Most the people I play with have the Playstation VR headsets as opposed to PC.  Great wee game though. 

Presumably Fallout 4?

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Just started to save up for a new PC rig and looking at £2,000 including a VR headset or two. The daughter has passed through Uni and has got herself a decent wage packet freeing up my finances to splurge on something I really want just for the sake of it.

Feel like I'm late to the party but will have waited a sufficient amount of time for all the bugs to have been ironed out, the spec for a PC rig is fucking ridiculous for the upcoming releases for maximum resolution??? Can't wait to play "Project cars 2" with a VR headset.

My real question was how does the resolution look like through the VR headset? realistic or you know it's virtual but gives you that you are actually there feel?

At times depending on the game you will notice the screen door effect.  As in you'll see the individual pixels.  But you'll seldom notice this or care.  I mean how many times have you noticed jagged edges due to poor anti aliasing in games.  Loads I bet.  Yet I'm willing to bet it never curtailed your enjoyment.   Vr is not perfect.  But it still amazes me at times and I'm used to it now.  I can't wait for fallout 4 vr.

• 1 month later...

Nearly bought ps4 vr headset yesterday, just not sure if it's worth the initial layout. I know you need the camera for it to work properly but do you need/recommend the move motion controllers?. And do you still use it regularly?.

The best experiences for me have all involved the move controllers. 

It's cool and all but I don't think I've ever bought anything else for 350+ and used it so little, so I'd probably say it's not worth it. 

On 23/07/2017 at 13:47, gfrhandyman said:

Nearly bought ps4 vr headset yesterday, just not sure if it's worth the initial layout. I know you need the camera for it to work properly but do you need/recommend the move motion controllers?. And do you still use it regularly?.

I haven't bought the move controllers. Most games seem to work well without them. Batman is probaby the one that I can think of that doesn't work so well.

I bought my PSVR as an impulse purchase. I can't say that I use it all the time but I don't regret buying it. Resident Evil 7 plays like a different game (as in a game where I can only play for 20 mins, shit myself and turn the whole thing off).

My main complaint if there is one is that the resolution isn't the best. When you are used to a full hd TV its a small step back for still a really great experience. Once they get the tech right I believe that this could be the future of gaming.

Thanks for the replies, they confirm the nagging doubts I have. I'll put off getting one for now and wait to see if they cut the prices (pretty sure they will) and see what deal I can get around black friday/Christmas time. Failing that the January sales.

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, #Gary said:

Highly recommend Statik for anyone who has PSVR

Seconded.   I'm only about halfway through (I think) but really enjoying it and it's a perfect fit for VR.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived