England v Scotland

tartanspark

I hate the Tartan Army. I really do. Sharing a train carriage with them between Glasgow and London for almost five hours was torture. Boorish, middle-class arseholes with a serious lack of self-awareness.

I've also shared a carriage on the same route with Rangers fans. It wasn't five hours of drunken arseholes getting on my nerves, it was five hours of sectarianism, racism and general nastiness. The threatening atmosphere they created was horrible and unlike anything I've ever experienced since. Rangers fans are the lowest of the low. Complete and utter savages.

Forgive me for being reluctant to sit and allow lectures on fan behaviour from fans of that club.

What was the occasion that you found yourself travelling all the way down to a London with a bunch of Rangers fans just out of interest?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

My point is that the behaviour of the TA has definitely deteriorated over the last number of years, perhaps in decline with the performance and results of the National side. If the highlight of our away trips these days is just to get so pished and fall bare arsed in the City Fountains, then it's pretty much over. I and I know many others who have just stop going, which is a real shame given some of the trips we've done down the years.
We Rangers, clearly haven't played in Europe for a number of years now, but our support has pretty much been welcomed across the country in towns we've visited on trying to work our way back up through the leagues.The clubs who have invited us for testimonials and friendlies in recent years have been equally complimentary of our travelling fans.
Manchester was disgraceful, but the number of arrests given the size of the crowd in the City that day, was an clear indication that the trouble caused was by a very small minority, still no excuse, however.

Who said it was the highlight? You sir, are all over the fucking shop.

Also invites from Linfield for the annual sash bash are hardly indicative. 

Who said it was the highlight? You sir, are all over the fucking shop.

Also invites from Linfield for the annual sash bash are hardly indicative. 

The highlight's certainly not the football at the moment pal is it?
I was think more about recent trips to Sheffield Wednesday & Derby County etc. than our regular pre-season trip over the water for example.

I was travelling with them on my way back from London. They were coming back from the Emirates Tournament and I was coming back from a trip abroad.

2009 Decent game against PSG, but well beaten against the hosts!![emoji53]

Someone highlights rangers fans behaviour.

(Consults the rangers fan manual)

Choose from either:

A proof or it didn't happen

B aye but Celtic...

I'm not the one who turned this around on an ENG VS SCO thread pal. I originally commented on the behaviour of some of our fans Saturday afternoon . Then the usual happened!

3 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The highlight's certainly not the football at the moment pal is it?
I was think more about recent trips to Sheffield Wednesday & Derby County etc. than our regular pre-season trip over the water for example.

Pretty sure you had "song-book" incidents at both those games.

Anyway, whether getting your arse out or the game itself is the "highlight" is irrelevant as you have been claiming all morning that some kilted indecent exposure is the same as widespread violence. Which is bullshit son.

1 hour ago, troopio said:

TBH The Tartan Army is part of the problem we have, maybe if they stopped following the team everywhere like sad little lapdogs instead of turning up for games as if it was the opening of a bag of crisps the SFA might take note that the Nation wants and deserves better.......Oh wow the Famous Tartan Army, Scotland have great fans.......so what? Having good fans doesn't win football matches last time I checked.......

That's a bit unfair tagging the whole support like that. In my opinion it's made up of guys who support wee teams who don't get to see their clubs play in Europe so following Scotland abroad is the next best thing.

I hate how we tag ourselves as the best fans in the world and some of the bantz that goes with the trips but most of it is just attention seeking. 

What about when Aberdeen went through their crappy spell and still took huge away supports everywhere they played? Were you or your fellow fans to blame because you followed them and cheered them on like little lapdogs? 

Blaming the fans is ridiculous and before its mentioned for the 10000th time, they certainly don't celebrate failure, they just don't let the football ruin a trip. There is a huge difference.

Pretty sure you had "song-book" incidents at both those games.

Anyway, whether getting your arse out or the game itself is the "highlight" is irrelevant as you have been claiming all morning that some kilted indecent exposure is the same as widespread violence. Which is bullshit son.

I've claimed nothing of the sort and wholly condemned what happened in Manchester 8 years ago, there is no parity, serious public order offences that were dealt with accordingly.
The usual TA behaviour is just a tedious embarrassment and does nothing to improve Scotland's image at home or abroad.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

I've claimed nothing of the sort and wholly condemned what happened in Manchester 8 years ago, there is no parity, serious public order offences that were dealt with accordingly.
The usual TA behaviour is just a tedious embarrassment and does nothing to improve Scotland's image at home or abroad.

Nonsense. Every away game I have been to there has been home fans lined up outside the stadium wanting to shake your hand ect. The locals have always made me feel very welcome.

There is proof of a home and away game that would suggest to me Scottish fans are maybe not so tedious and embarrassing.

Am I reading this right? A Rangers fan saying TA behaviour is tedious? :lol:

Jesus wept.

Archived