England v Scotland

tartanspark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Even in 1998, I think there was only one Rangers player in the squad.  It's a shambolically silly argument.

I don't mind Boyd too much either, but that is just utter bloody nonsense.

Jock broon influencing wee Craig's selections?

52 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Even in 1998, I think there was only one Rangers player in the squad.  It's a shambolically silly argument.

I don't mind Boyd too much either, but that is just utter bloody nonsense.

For me there are two ways of looking at this.....Boyd either considers the 'dropping' of 1872 version as the start of an era of zero competition domestically churning out shite, unprepared amateurs (which is true, it has done); or, most likely, its being used as a deflectory tactic from the fact that like the rest, he doesn't want to upset the media muppets of the west coast, and tries to kill two birds with one very misthrown stone. 

In the event of scenario 1 from above, the SFA have a lot more to answer for by their failure to place any measures to counter it other than threatening every club with sanctions they've yet to break. If they faced the situation head-on, and admitted that things were very un-fucking-rosy indeed, we may have begun sorting the problems out, instead of burying heads in the sand worrying about 'social unrest' or other lies and myths that have been exposed time and again. 

Guest DAVIDB69

Darren fletcher hilariously stating in the press that if we win our home games and England win every game we can still get second .

Conveniently forgetting that in our last 10 competitive games we have 3 wins two over Gibraltar and one over malta

Darren fletcher hilariously stating in the press that if we win our home games and England win every game we can still get second .

Conveniently forgetting that in our last 10 competitive games we have 3 wins two over Gibraltar and one over malta

Exactly. I don't think I've ever witnessed Scotland winning more than 3 vital games in a row in my puff (sure it's happened but the point is it's rare as hen's teeth).

To be fair to Darren he can hardly say that we are awful and out. If Strachan goes we are certainly good enough to win the rest of our home games (if the manager had time for freidndlies etc) but with him I would be surprised if we beat anyone other than Malta. 

With a competent manager, there isn't a game left in the campaign we shouldn't be looking to win. 

10 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Exactly. I don't think I've ever witnessed Scotland winning more than 3 vital games in a row in my puff (sure it's happened but the point is it's rare as hen's teeth).

Last time was 2007, with four, beating the Faroes, Lithuania, France and Ukraine. In 2006 Fraoes, Lithuania and France. In 1997, Belarus home and away and Latvia. In 1995, Greece, Finland and San Marino. Before that, i don't believe we ever did it once. 

Last time was 2007, with four, beating the Faroes, Lithuania, France and Ukraine. In 2006 Fraoes, Lithuania and France. In 1997, Belarus home and away and Latvia. In 1995, Greece, Finland and San Marino. Before that, i don't believe we ever did it once. 

Trust you to show me up :)

Tho tbf I did say more than 3 games

No coincidence that those 4 occasions were during probably our best runs of form in the last 20 years. Not a hope of turning out a run like that now that we're on such a a downturn of momentum.

Souness saying we will now not qualify and also Strachan is doing the best he can with a 'poor group of players'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gordon-strachan-not-problem-scotland-9251417

I know I get hammered on here for a fairly similar view but there's a lot of folk that agree with this. Graham spiers certainly went along those lines on 'off the ball' yesterday.

I watched the game with 6 other teachers in Friday and that was absolutely the consensus.

34 minutes ago, FlyerTon said:

Souness saying we will now not qualify and also Strachan is doing the best he can with a 'poor group of players'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gordon-strachan-not-problem-scotland-9251417

Absolute shite from Souness. We might not have Gareth Bale type players to choose who would greatly improve the skills levels. Choosing form players, forgetting the old pals act, selecting players who are getting regular game time and removing celtic minded bias would be a good start. We could then decide if our player pool is really that bad. 

24 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I know I get hammered on here for a fairly similar view but there's a lot of folk that agree with this. Graham spiers certainly went along those lines on 'off the ball' yesterday.

I watched the game with 6 other teachers in Friday and that was absolutely the consensus.

Are you a teacher?

Crikey!

25 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think you need more than 7 teachers to have a better than 50% chance of being in the presence of an inspirational character IIBH.

Once again, hopefully this is Souness admitting that he's nae chance of getting the job, and that the fruit on the vine was looking a bit tart anyway. What a pointless appointment that would be.

7 hours ago, pandarilla said:

The thing about it is that we all know this is true, but it's hardly any kind of answer to our problems. I don't mind Spiers saying it but it's a bit rich coming from Souness, who had a lot to do with damaging our game and has rarely has a good thing to say about any aspect of it that isn't Rangers.

36 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It's quite clearly utter nonsense though. 

Archived