England v Scotland

tartanspark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The thing is we have absolutely nothing coming through in terms of strikers and we have absolutely nothing coming through in terms of centre backs.

Prospects of changing our 'can't take chances, can't defend' predicament seems slim.

Nor any potential managers to improve the situation. ( That I can think of )

Don't let my club team dictate anything in regards to football. This is a thread about Scotland.

He's had a decent game.

He hasn't stopped a single cross from that left side. He has looked OK going forward but he is defender first and foremost.

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

The thing is we have absolutely nothing coming through in terms of strikers and we have absolutely nothing coming through in terms of centre backs.

Prospects of changing our 'can't take chances, can't defend' predicament seems slim.

Ross McCormack?

Jordan Rhodes is out of favour Middlesborough but he'd be another option if he was getting regular first-team football.

Can we just forfeit the rest of the qualifiers? There is no point waiting everyone's time and effort. 

We have beaten ourselves tonight utter ball watching for all 3 goals and couldn't score in a brothel. England were there for the taking no doubt. They will be utterly fucked at the world cup.

We need to go away and start again

Oh well, there's the latest performance to add to the list of Scotland disgraces under Gordon Strachan.

I hope it's the last one, but I said that in Georgia and it wasn't. Wouldn't surprise me if he continued into next year, the SFA don't seem too bothered about the situation.

We were always losing tonight of course, but I thought it would be a tight game. I thought the extra motivation of the derby would bring something out in the Scotland players and we would over perform and run England close.

Nope, humped again. The scoreline was the same, but this was even worse than Slovakia.

There's no excuse to be such a disorganised, unmotivated rabble at Wembley. The defending for all 3 goals was shocking and to see the players throw in the towel after the second was excruciating to watch.

England are a poor side, but they won't get an easier game in the whole campaign. Even Malta offered sterner resistance in London than we did. They will likely qualify and get punted out early, just like they do in every major tournament.

We needed to sack Strachan 6 moths ago, we still need to now. Making sure we finish 4th and building towards euro 2020 has to be the goal.

Not one player on the park has played well after the first 30 mins. 

Hanley, Berra, Wallace, Fletcher, Morrison, McArthur have absolutely nothing about them. No bite or dig. They are nothing but shirt fillers. Not one of them is either skillful enough, strong enough or clever enough for this level. 

Never wanted Strachan in the first place, never been a fan of his. His teams are pish to watch and he's a smarmy wee p***k that thinks he's clever. 

Next manager has to get younger players in and persist with them. We won't qualify for the next 3 tournaments with any of the current lot on the park.

Buh-bye 'Gord'.

Archived