England v Scotland

tartanspark

All this cosey friendly 'proud to be British' nonsense over this game because it's on this day can gtf. Wonder if the Scotland fans will join in with GSTQ tomorrow seeing as we're all so pally.

Almost making me hope for a Scottish Cup final'esque ending to this, obviously where Scotland are Hibs and Engerland are Sevco.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All this cosey friendly 'proud to be British' nonsense over this game because it's on this day can gtf. Wonder if the Scotland fans will join in with GSTQ tomorrow seeing as we're all so pally.

Almost making me hope for a Scottish Cup final'esque ending to this, obviously where Scotland are Hibs and Engerland are Sevco.

A wee bit of an overreaction, but yeah... chortle

52 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They are proud to be British: the Hamish Husband-esque losers in the TA will have majority voted to be a North British region in 2014. Hordes of teuchters slithering down to the metropole for this game, straight from the bastions of staunch, British nationalism north of the border. 

It'd hardly a surprise then to see them ditching their plastic Scottish identity for the ninety minutes that its normally reserved for. 

They are proud to be British: the Hamish Husband-esque losers in the TA will have majority voted to be a North British region in 2014. Hordes of teuchters slithering down to the metropole for this game, straight from the bastions of staunch, British nationalism north of the border. 

It'd hardly a surprise then to see them ditching their plastic Scottish identity for the ninety minutes that its normally reserved for. 

Nah no way.

The TA for all their faults are definitely in the majority YES voters. Can slag them for a lot of things but not that. I think in Dortmund before the vote you would've been lucky to find someone without something Yessy on.

Ha ha.

You're desperate for a rise here, absolutely desperate.

Scotland captain Darren Fletcher says Friday's World Cup qualifier against England is not a "must-win" game.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37943337

Technically he's right, but this is the last thing we need to hear. Focus has to be on, somehow, trying to win. A draw would just stretch out the death of Strachan's reign

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Scotland captain Darren Fletcher says Friday's World Cup qualifier against England is not a "must-win" game.

Technically he's right, but this is the last thing we need to hear. Focus has to be on, somehow, trying to win

f**k sake !  I take it by that we will be playing with no c**t up front ?    FFS Chesney even your players are starting to doubt themselves now !   I thought football was about scoring goals and beating your opposition ?  Shows how out of touch I am . 

Fletchers far too much of a goody two shoes, an absolute beige football player and human being. Absolutely uninspiring and a massive bore. I hope he is dropped tomorrow.

Don't be a dick. Fletcher has been an excellent Scotland captain.

I wouldn't pick him now though, but only on form.

I've thought for a while now that Fletcher comes across as very downbeat in his interviews. Noticed it first when Levein was in charge and now under Strachan, wouldn't be surprised if those two fannies had drummed it into him and others in the squad.

Don't be a dick. Fletcher has been an excellent Scotland captain.

I wouldn't pick him now though, but only on form.

He's been shite since he returned from his illness. It's ok being the way he is when he's just another player but when he's captain he's got to have some personality about him ffs. Certainly not inspiring players or fans with his absolutely nothing performances on the pitch. Waste of a jersey. Doesn't tackle, score goals, win the ball back or break up play or add anything of note going forward.

Reputation from his past has him where he is now.

25 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Technically he's right, but this is the last thing we need to hear. Focus has to be on, somehow, trying to win. A draw would just stretch out the death of Strachan's reign

These people now think they're being cleverer than us with this " won't be drawn into must-win games" stuff.

It's just ridiculous.  How many games can you not win, before winning one does actually become a must?

It's the ultimate in cowardly procrastination regarding confronting a requirement.  This silly guise of balance or smart psychology is totally tiresome.

2 hours ago, gc_smfc said:

Is Martin not currently in the best goalscoring run of form out of all our strikers?

As was said by@forameus any striker that doesn't get support playing the lone role will look shit and ineffective.

I hope Strachan springs a surprise and goes 5-3-2 with wingbacks. But I expect a 4-5-1 with a midfield that barely crosses the halfway line and Charlie Mulgrew forced in somewhere

Would rather see Mulgrew play than the grass. Lee Wallace isn't good enough defensively.

I too would rather see a 3-5-2/5-3-2. With the state of our centre backs it is hardly ideal but the 4 at the back has failed us time and time again. Also leaves 2 men up the pitch.

--------------------------------Marshall---------------------------------

-----Paterson-----Martin------Hanley--------Mulgrew----Kingsley-------

------------------------Brown-----------------McArthur-----------------------

--------------------------------Snodgrass------------------------------------

----------------------------------Burke----------------------------------------

------------------------------------------Fletcher-----------------------------

Basically Brown and McArthur do not go forward at all, that frees up Snodgrass to venture forward if need be but can get stuck in. Give Burke a free role, let him stretch his legs to get in beyond Fletcher and feed off his knock ons and can pull out wide on either side to expose the English full backs as they will bomb forward every attack. Can't see Strachan dropping D.Flecther though so you'd have him in the midfield 3 and probably Burke dropping out and Snoddy playing off Fletcher.

Formations don't really matter now anyway, it's all about who actually plays and 'systems' these days.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Realistically, a draw would be a very good result for us, a bonus point really.

2 minutes ago, Bearwithme said:

Realistically, a draw would be a very good result for us, a bonus point really.

It wouldn't be enough to keep our hopes of qualifying realistically alive though.  Therefore, it would not be a good result despite the fact that taken in isolation, it would be.

It's this kind of outlook that has kept us in the World Cup hinterland.

Every game so far in this group, has been quoted by some player or staff, as "not a must win". How exactly do they expect to progess?

At least aspire to some greater good or feck off with the loser attitude, it does us no good

Archived