England v Scotland

tartanspark

Probably taking a pumping. I'll be watching in a boozer with a mixed crowd. Was bad enough listening to their patronising shite when they beat us in that friendly at Celtic Park, can only imagine how much worse it will be tomorrow.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I'd go with this. 

IMG_6324.JPG

Not bad, not bad at all. I think the key things are pace, height and mobility up front, plenty of dig and numbers in midfield and a bit of common sense in defence.

ETA: Darren Fletcher looks f*cking raging in that pic :lol:

2 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Not bad, not bad at all. I think the key things are pace, height and mobility up front, plenty of dig and numbers in midfield and a bit of common sense in defence.

As does Russell Martin.

Yeah pretty much. I know Burke isn't a centre forward, but Martin & Fletcher are much the same and will be bread and butter for England's centre backs. Burke is quicker than Griffiths and I just feel he'd cause them more bother. 

Would not be surprised to see Hanley in for Berra, Ritchie in for Anya & Wallace in for Kingsley :unsure:

If we play Martin as a one up front, we might as well not turn up. HE CANNOT PLAY THAT WAY STRACHAN, listen to guys that know better Does Strachan learn nothing?

He should have left long before now.

I'm an avid Scotland fan but I've never been more down and meh about an England game.

Strachan has sucked whatever self belief and confidence was left, out of the squad.

There's more chance of me landing on the moon on a space hopper than us getting a result tmrw. At least defeat will hopefully be the catalyst for Strachan to go.

4 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

If we play Martin as a one up front, we might as well not turn up. HE CANNOT PLAY THAT WAY STRACHAN, listen to guys that know better Does Strachan learn nothing?

He should have left long before now.

I'm an avid Scotland fan but I've never been more down and meh about an England game.

Strachan has sucked whatever self belief and confidence was left, out of the squad.

There's more chance of me landing on the moon on a space hopper than us getting a result tmrw. At least defeat will hopefully be the catalyst for Strachan to go.

Sky putting him down as a lone striker doesn't tell the whole story.  It's about how they actually play on the pitch - if they put Martin up and the midfielders continue to play miles away from him, then he'll continue to look shite.  If he plays Martin and they manage to get at least one of the three behind to play close to him regularly, getting beyond and providing chances for others, then he can perform.

We don't need to have the media putting a 4-4-2 down on their screens to do what you're saying.

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

As does Russell Martin.

Entire team looks like Snoddy's just told a really shite joke.

Sky putting him down as a lone striker doesn't tell the whole story.  It's about how they actually play on the pitch - if they put Martin up and the midfielders continue to play miles away from him, then he'll continue to look shite.  If he plays Martin and they manage to get at least one of the three behind to play close to him regularly, getting beyond and providing chances for others, then he can perform.

We don't need to have the media putting a 4-4-2 down on their screens to do what you're saying.

I don't doubt he can play, just the way Strachan plays doesn't utilise him to his best.

For what it's worth, I would go 3-5-2 with wing backs pressing as much as possible. 4-5-1 is accepting defeat before the game has begun, imo.

Is Martin not currently in the best goalscoring run of form out of all our strikers?

As was said by@forameus any striker that doesn't get support playing the lone role will look shit and ineffective.

I hope Strachan springs a surprise and goes 5-3-2 with wingbacks. But I expect a 4-5-1 with a midfield that barely crosses the halfway line and Charlie Mulgrew forced in somewhere

Is Martin not currently in the best goalscoring run of form out of all our strikers?

As was said by@forameus any striker that doesn't get support playing the lone role will look shit and ineffective.

I hope Strachan springs a surprise and goes 5-3-2 with wingbacks. But I expect a 4-5-1 with a midfield that barely crosses the halfway line and Charlie Mulgrew forced in somewhere

Martin has only managed 10 odd goals in his last 50 or so games.

If anyone does this in the Scotland end we should build a wall and not let them back. c***s.

I'll be hated from the word go. I'm not even wearing a poppy. #hateourtroops #givesoldiersremembrance.

Archived