Heart of Midlothian v Dundee, 15/10/2016

What a line-up both teams had. Not a single Dundee player remains in the top tier and probably shouldn't have been then either (apart from Rab Douglas).

Dundee

01 Douglas
02 Irvine
03 Lockwood
17 Benedictus
18 Gallagher
06 Davidson
07 Riley
08 McBride
15 Milne (Conroy - 83' )
20 McAlister
24 Nish (Baird - 68' )

Substitutes
36 Baird
05 McGregor
25 Toshney
11 Conroy
16 Webster
10 Baird
23 Boyle

Hearts

01 MacDonald
03 Grainger
04 McGowan
05 Barr
06 Webster
26 Zaliukas
33 Paterson
08 Robinson (Driver - 55' )
10 Taouil
09 Sutton (Smith - 68' )
18 Novikovas (Walker - 72' )

Substitutes
21 Enckelman
14 Walker
29 McHattie
11 Driver
15 Holt
19 McGowan
12 Smith

Dundee 1 Hearts 0

And thats the season I went to every game. Look at that team.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, K.T said:

What a line-up both teams had. Not a single Dundee player remains in the top tier and probably shouldn't have been then either (apart from Rab Douglas).

Dundee

01 Douglas
02 Irvine
03 Lockwood
17 Benedictus
18 Gallagher
06 Davidson
07 Riley
08 McBride
15 Milne (Conroy - 83' )
20 McAlister
24 Nish (Baird - 68' )

Substitutes
36 Baird
05 McGregor
25 Toshney
11 Conroy
16 Webster
10 Baird
23 Boyle

Hearts

01 MacDonald
03 Grainger
04 McGowan
05 Barr
06 Webster
26 Zaliukas
33 Paterson
10 Taouil
09 Sutton (Smith - 68' )

Substitutes
21 Enckelman
14 Walker
29 McHattie
11 Driver
15 Holt
19 McGowan
12 Smith

Dundee 1 Hearts 0

It's miraculous we weren't relegated earlier than we were that season. We started the season with Neil Mcgregor in central defense FFS

3 hours ago, K.T said:

Dundee

01 Douglas
02 Irvine
03 Lockwood
17 Benedictus
18 Gallagher
06 Davidson
07 Riley
08 McBride
15 Milne (Conroy - 83' )
20 McAlister
24 Nish (Baird - 68' )

Substitutes
36 Baird
05 McGregor
25 Toshney
11 Conroy
16 Webster
10 Baird
23 Boyle

Hearts

01 MacDonald
03 Grainger
04 McGowan
05 Barr
06 Webster
26 Zaliukas
33 Paterson
10 Taouil
09 Sutton (Smith - 68' )

Substitutes
21 Enckelman
14 Walker
29 McHattie
11 Driver
15 Holt
19 McGowan
12 Smith

Dundee 1 Hearts 0

Harsh on McAlister, and I still think Boyle could have been a decent player. Totally fair for the rest of them, though...

3 hours ago, K.T said:

Dundee

01 Douglas
02 Irvine
03 Lockwood
17 Benedictus
18 Gallagher
06 Davidson
07 Riley
08 McBride
15 Milne (Conroy - 83' )
20 McAlister
24 Nish (Baird - 68' )

Substitutes
36 Baird
05 McGregor
25 Toshney
11 Conroy
16 Webster
10 Baird
23 Boyle

Other than Rab and Lockwood (And Rab was arguably punching to be in the top flight at the time whilst Matt Lockwood was definitely past it) there's not one of those players in our team that would have been deserving of top flight status at any point in their careers

24 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

It's miraculous we weren't relegated earlier than we were that season. We started the season with Neil Mcgregor in central defense FFS

He's a player that's getting hated on more and more as time goes by. I remember he was heralded as a class act and one of the top CH's we'd had at the time, up until the Queen's Park debacle.

Whatever happened to Andrew Driver?

Got injured

Came back fatter and slower and with Templeton having stolen his act. Slowly got back to some kind of fitness and played the 5-1 cup final win over Hibs, while Templeton didn't

Left Hearts, who were in.the advanced stages of financial meltdown, to try his luck with the Houston Dynamos where he seems to have done pretty well for a few years, then had an abortive Scottish comeback at Aberdeen and was last heard of playing in Holland.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

He's a player that's getting hated on more and more as time goes by. I remember he was heralded as a class act and one of the top CH's we'd had at the time, up until the Queen's Park debacle.

From what I can remember Dunfermline posters told us he'd be a poor signing but he was pretty decent in the championship with us. I (thankfully) wasn't at the Queen's Park game but he was embarrassingly out of his depth in the premiership.

What a horrendous season that was, a team that can't defend and punting balls up to Colin Nish. Our current team would pump them.

From what I can remember Dunfermline posters told us he'd be a poor signing but he was pretty decent in the championship with us. I (thankfully) wasn't at the Queen's Park game but he was embarrassingly out of his depth in the premiership.

What a horrendous season that was, a team that can't defend and punting balls up to Colin Nish. Our current team would pump them.

It just goes to show the strides we've made since then. And it's not even if that was the last of the suffering, thay team was before we appointed Bomber!

Some job Hartley has done and it certainly makes me think twice just as I begin to have doubts!

1 hour ago, Georgi's young lad said:

2-0 Dundee.

A goal in each half will keep the hordes of Gorgie zombies silent as per usual.

Never seen us lose at the footballing cathedral that is Tynecastle.

Mon the Dee.. Back up the road with the points please. 

Couldn't have been to many matches then, m8.

I'd like to see the stats for when Bomber was manager as from what I can remember his win ratio must of been decent.

Yeah it was. The league was at its weakest though tbf as it had 4 part time teams in it Iirc.

surely you guys won't get relegated this season? Have some faith in your club, please.

At least you were spot on about Yinited getting relegated... again.

One season in a league above United in 60 years and they turn in tae world beater. Enjoy the gloating, you've had 60 years in the shadows.

Other than Rab and Lockwood (And Rab was arguably punching to be in the top flight at the time whilst Matt Lockwood was definitely past it) there's not one of those players in our team that would have been deserving of top flight status at any point in their careers

I think Nicky Riley could have spent a couple of seasons in the top flight. Just buggered by injuries.

Archived