14th Oct, The Gers visit Inverness

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

In that case, don't expect Barack Obama to be there.  He's been reading about Abraham Lincoln.

We should set up to counter attack with a lone striker and he should shoot when he gets into the box

MARK Warburton has confirmed Friday will be too soon for Jordan Rossiter to return to the Gers team but he will be in contention to face Celtic. 

The 19-year-old has fully recovered from a calf strain which has kept him out since he pulled up against Kilmarnock in August.

When the team returned to training after the international break on Sunday the former Liverpool midfielder was back in full-training but Warburton thinks he requires another week before returning to action.

The manager said: “It was good to welcome Jordan Rossiter back, you saw what Jordan can do, he is a very wise head on young shoulders and he knows that position very well, he does the simple things very well, which is a skill in itself

50 minutes ago, bennett said:

MARK Warburton has confirmed Friday will be too soon for Jordan Rossiter to return to the Gers team but he will be in contention to face Celtic. 

The 19-year-old has fully recovered from a calf strain which has kept him out since he pulled up against Kilmarnock in August.

When the team returned to training after the international break on Sunday the former Liverpool midfielder was back in full-training but Warburton thinks he requires another week before returning to action.

The manager said: “It was good to welcome Jordan Rossiter back, you saw what Jordan can do, he is a very wise head on young shoulders and he knows that position very well, he does the simple things very well, which is a skill in itself

Pity young Rossiter's out but that's why we have a pool of players. Obviously they're all supposed to be able to do a  job for us....

I'm anticipating a very difficult match in any case.

3 hours ago, Bearwithme said:

Pity young Rossiter's out but that's why we have a pool of players. Obviously they're all supposed to be able to do a  job for us....

I'm anticipating a very difficult match in any case.

Snap.  We haven't the players for a war of attrition.

Have Rangers been taking lessons from Yogi Hughes on a ball retention style of play?

I'm guessing this is the way the game will go this evening with Rangers getting the bulk of possession and more shots on target and even more off target. Not sure which side will turn up for us.

I think the break for us came at the right time after the poor Accies game and although our record after breaks is inconsistent I'm hoping that we can continue our good form against the top six sides (exception being Hearts). A win tonight would take us level on points with Rangers and above County, a 2-0 win would see us move above them into 5th. If they win they go 3rd.

Archived