14th Oct, The Gers visit Inverness

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haud the fucking bus, Rab.  Sevco won tonight and this is the 2nd attack on 'our' posters.  You diddies need to learn to be gracious in defeat.

It's good to see the Sevco keyboard warriors are willing to stand up to attacks online.

Face to face confrontations - like when the Hibees came to Hampden - led to the quickest evacuation of one side of the ground that I've ever seen.

So an enjoyable 90 minutes of kickball and a fair result.  Can't imagine anyone would have a complaint about the outcome.  Fair doos, too, to Bobby Madden.  He kept the game going and wasn't card-happy.

Hope the Caley Jag fans at the game can give input...it's always lovely to hear from the blokes who bought a ticket.

Dire from us in the first half, could have been worse but for Rangers not taking their chances. Rangers worth their lead from that Kenny Miller goal but poor defending from us someone should have picked him up.

Better 2nd half and matched them for the 45 minutes but we lack cutting edge. Doran and Mulraney looked the part when coming on. I would like to see Doran getting a start he is the one player that is going to provide most of the assists for our strikers, these opportunities they are not getting just now and he did more getting forward into the box and causing problems than Doumbouya did in the entire 80 minutes when he was on. We lack pace and movement up front its easy to see. Mulraney will get better and better he looks to be improving every time I see him and could have been a handful for Wallace had he been introduced earlier. The two that they replaced King and Vigurs did very little for us. Our midfield worked much harder in the 2nd half and look decent enough for the 2nd 45, but we looked very bad in the central midfield during the 1st half couldn't string three passes together and for players with the experience we have in the midfield that is unacceptable. One positive our makeshift defence did a very good job considering, the one error cost us unfortunately, who should have been over there? Tremarco was in front of the ball, should he have had someone else helping him on that left picking up Miller?

13 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

It's good to see the Sevco keyboard warriors are willing to stand up to attacks online.

Face to face confrontations - like when the Hibees came to Hampden - led to the quickest evacuation of one side of the ground that I've ever seen.

Dreary fucking me.  Just when you thought the diddies couldn't get more tawdry* they play the Ruel Street card.  What a fucking gang the idiots who post on the Sevco thread are.

*Tawdry.  The word you don't know - and nae c**t is surprised.

Dreary fucking me.  Just when you thought the diddies couldn't get more tawdry* they play the Ruel Street card.  What a fucking gang the idiots who post on the Sevco thread are.

*Tawdry.  The word you don't know - and nae c**t is surprised.

Can't believe how angry you are.

Can't have any complaints about the result. We started brightly then for some unknown reason we seemed to stand off the rangers players and allowed them so much space. No 23 Holt? Seemed to have all the space in the world and they deserved the lead when it arrived. Thought we looked all over the place and as nervous as hell for a while after that. We looked a bit better in the second half and was quite happy to see Vigurs be replaced he seems to offer very little and goes missing in action too often. A couple of glaring misses for us from Doumbaya and Fisher. Was good to see Doran get back into the game should definitely be starting instead of Vigurs. Result as was was probably the correct one
On the down side was a shame to see The Rangers fans causing some crap in our end I saw one lady leaving with her two young children in the first half because of their shit. It calmed down a bit after one of them being thrown out. He probably even comes from here. I have no probs with the rangers fans in our end as most of them behave decently as most football fans do. It's a shame how all fans get tarred with the same brush as the moronic element. Was our biggest crowd at ICT for a long time so fair play to all the gers fans that turned up. It was also good to see the minutes silence being impeccably observed by both sets of fans before the game. Puts the game into perspective really hope his family can take some comfort from the respect shown by all

14 minutes ago, jagster said:

Can't have any complaints about the result. We started brightly then for some unknown reason we seemed to stand off the rangers players and allowed them so much space. No 23 Holt? Seemed to have all the space in the world and they deserved the lead when it arrived. Thought we looked all over the place and as nervous as hell for a while after that. We looked a bit better in the second half and was quite happy to see Vigurs be replaced he seems to offer very little and goes missing in action too often. A couple of glaring misses for us from Doumbaya and Fisher. Was good to see Doran get back into the game should definitely be starting instead of Vigurs. Result as was was probably the correct one
On the down side was a shame to see The Rangers fans causing some crap in our end I saw one lady leaving with her two young children in the first half because of their shit. It calmed down a bit after one of them being thrown out. He probably even comes from here. I have no probs with the rangers fans in our end as most of them behave decently as most football fans do. It's a shame how all fans get tarred with the same brush as the moronic element. Was our biggest crowd at ICT for a long time so fair play to all the gers fans that turned up. It was also good to see the minutes silence being impeccably observed by both sets of fans before the game. Puts the game into perspective really hope his family can take some comfort from the respect shown by all

Fair post.  Well said.

I should begin by emphasising that I was not in attendance at the TCS and this report is based on watching BT Sport in my “snug” in Chorley. It is often stated that it is a different perspective watching on the telly. I concede that but the telly throws up different angles, replays and commentator perspectives. From a BT perspective the only aspect that I feel may be agreed by all is that Chris Sutton is an absolute tawt.

Paul Ritchie, Craig Brewster, Marius Niculae and even Rory McAllister must be stumped to explain how our two centre forward options, Doumbouya and Fisher failed to connect and score from crosses in the 3rd and 86th minute. I would have knocked them both in maself. Doombars’ was more culpable as it was clear cut. Fishers’ needed a flick but they were both practically unmissable. We simply do NOT have a striker of Premiership class. Draper could well be the answer but what a feckin waste that would be.

I still feel really disappointed that we did not pick up at least a point. Richie Foran said that it was our best performance in the last six games. I would disagree with that but it certainly was above average. We looked very threatening in the first 15 minutes. If Doombar had netted then we may have wreaked havoc. Rangers controlled the first half but did not really dominate. They are John Hughes “tippy-tappy” like and have not got that last killer touch. But lets face it Kenny Miller’s volleyed goal / winner was superb. Blame probably is shared between Raven and Polworth for not tracking back.

Fon Williams kept us in it with a great stop in the 25th minute. Waghorn and company claimed that it had  crossed the line but it clearly didn’t. Polworth then missed a half chance on the 27th minute when he ballooned a 25 yarder well over. Tansey then tried to showboat when a straight strike would have been better.

To me the second half was even-stevens but we just about won it – in possession and chances – but not goals unfortunately. It could have been 3-3 in the end but for skied efforts. We were again lacking in width and we are simply impotent up front.

4 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

To me the second half was even-stevens but we just about won it – in possession and chances – but not goals unfortunately. It could have been 3-3 in the end but for skied efforts. We were again lacking in width and we are simply impotent up front.

Bit like yourself?

Archived