Stuart McArthur Testimonial

PRICEY

Rose -pinkowski, billy gibson, kev donnelly, spade, mcdermott, braddo, danny, tank, herdy, scifo, gall, hoggy, roddy, mcdowell , davie dunn.

Scotland - only know tam courts, richie barr, sean grady, docherty, mclay, duffin, tansey

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite decent. Probably on par with yesterday lol.

One nil "Rose" - tank penalty.

Thought the crowd was far bigger than yesterday. Good numbers along from Linlithgow.

Really enjoyable to watch. The banter and camaraderie was top notch.

Camelon were excellent hosts.

Highlight was Tanks two penalty attempts.

Good turnout for another Rose legend. 

Lots of crack between players, management and fans - who would have thought that possible?

Davie Baikie made the effort to get there - why did the committee not turn up? 

6 minutes ago, PatP said:

Good turnout for another Rose legend. 

Lots of crack between players, management and fans - who would have thought that possible?

Davie Baikie made the effort to get there - why did the committee not turn up? 

Those who chose to boycott lost all respect, how low can you go?

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Crowd about 200-250

I waited with interest to see how Tanks testimonial went today. It was great that it went ahead; albeit at Camelon as the Lithgae committee didn't think it was worth the effort.

I also read with interest about how it was awful for the committee members to boycott the game, and agree that this is shameful.

However, if Tank was such a great guy and servant of Lithgae, I was thinking that a tad more than 200-250 people would have turned up, especially given that some people who went were probably neutrals. Moaners on this topic say that Lithgae crowds are dwindling - mainly due to the committee and the manager, just left. So surely this was an opportunity to show how many 'faithful' fans you actually have.

All this talk about the number of buses that in seasons gone by who have gone down to Ayrshire, just for a pre season friendly, yet you could only muster up around 200 fans, not including the locals, to go to what should have been a joyous and get it right up yeah occasion!

41 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

I waited with interest to see how Tanks testimonial went today. It was great that it went ahead; albeit at Camelon as the Lithgae committee didn't think it was worth the effort.

I also read with interest about how it was awful for the committee members to boycott the game, and agree that this is shameful.

However, if Tank was such a great guy and servant of Lithgae, I was thinking that a tad more than 200-250 people would have turned up, especially given that some people who went were probably neutrals. Moaners on this topic say that Lithgae crowds are dwindling - mainly due to the committee and the manager, just left. So surely this was an opportunity to show how many 'faithful' fans you actually have.

All this talk about the number of buses that in seasons gone by who have gone down to Ayrshire, just for a pre season friendly, yet you could only muster up around 200 fans, not including the locals, to go to what should have been a joyous and get it right up yeah occasion!

Probably just shows how fractured the club is at this time, too many prepared to toe the party line. Can't see any change soon, certainly not this season. 

Fair points - today there was a lot of people who haven't been going but went because of their respect for Tank.

Unfortunately many also listened to the talk about bans etc.

Really sad as they missed a great game that I felt honoured to have watched

Those who chose not to go have their reasons and fair enough to them whatever those may be you have to respect, you can't force someone to do something. It's unfortunate as they missed a better game than Saturday's.

Yes it's been documented where and why this was played but at the end of the day it didn't matter because the players who came along certainly all seemed to enjoy themselves as did those who came to watch. Good football on show and it was great to see tank still has the skills, Danny and brads rolling back the years in the centre of the park, herdy working the wing, a solid back 4 and the calm assurance of Pini in the goals.

A fun game and all the best to tank and his family for a deserved send off.

Time for us as fans to move on now and close this chapter on a positive note with tank and his family and friends having a good day out.

Hope you enjoyed it tank you deserved it.

32 minutes ago, Ronaldo-7 said:

Not too sure who it was against or who recorded the game but the Wee backheel tank set up roddy on his way to score was one of the best assists Iv seen. Class

He was doing his usual diving lol 

Archived