Punk/Ska/Reggae

Girth

Yeah - still going too. 

I've seen 'em live a few times. 

'Punk in Drublic', 'So long and thanks for all the shoes' and 'White trash, two heebs and a bean' are my faves by them. 

Try 'Osker' similar but harder - did a couple of albums on Epitaph - really underrated, 

NoFX are one of my favourite bands. Seen them live a few times too. Been going a long time now, but can't think of any other "modern" punk band I like at all. I actually think they've got better over the years as well and tend to listen to the albums from 'So Long...' onwards.

The Vandals are good fun too.

Prefer the harder stuff though. Municipal Waste are up there for me but they're more a kind of hardcore punk/thrash hybrid. Worth checking out though. 'Unleash The b*****ds' would be a good tune to start off with.

9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

NoFX are one of my favourite bands. Been going a long time now, but can't think of any other "modern" punk band I like at all. I actually think they've got better over the years as well and tend to listen to the albums from 'So Long...' onwards.

Municipal Waste are up there for me too but they're more a kind of hardcore punk/thrash hybrid. Worth checking out though. 'Unleash The b*****ds' would be a good tune to start off with.

Yeah, MW live - absolutely fantastic. Later GWAR is similar and one of MW's main influences. Early Suicidal Tendencies and DRI will be up your street. 

Yeah, MW live - absolutely fantastic. Later GWAR is similar and one of MW's main influences. Early Suicidal Tendencies and DRI will be up your street. 

Yep! Big fan of Suicidal Tendencies, DRI and more-so SOD and have been for 20-odd years since my high school days. Thrash metal is my favourite genre and what I listen to mostly, and those three bands appealed due to the thrash/punk crossover.

ETA: Only seen Municipal Waste live once (I think supporting The Haunted? - can't remember!) but they were fucking awesome!

• 4 weeks later...

Just discovered these beauties...

Remember these guys - absolutely nuts live back in the late 90's

Love their old stuff before they thought they were Iron Maiden

Classic old boyos

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just back from London with a shitload of vinyl. Loads of old Skinhead/Reggae stuff, some Soul and a few Mod stuff.

Dunno what it is about that place but the markets seem to have loads of great buys. For example i looked at a Who album, double quodrophenia album with booklet inside in Edinburgh when at the fringe, It was £40. At Brick Lane the same album was £15. Only difference was a small note inside saying to my darling Steve, happy birthday in 1974. I'm not called Steve but I was still having that :lol:

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 20:32, tree house tam said:

Just back from London with a shitload of vinyl. Loads of old Skinhead/Reggae stuff, some Soul and a few Mod stuff.

Dunno what it is about that place but the markets seem to have loads of great buys. For example i looked at a Who album, double quodrophenia album with booklet inside in Edinburgh when at the fringe, It was £40. At Brick Lane the same album was £15. Only difference was a small note inside saying to my darling Steve, happy birthday in 1974. I'm not called Steve but I was still having that :lol:

Yeah, sadly I don't collect vinyl (don't have the room) but there's plenty of great shops about. Couple near me (Flashback/vinyl shop in Hornsey). Probably some gems in that Hornsey shop.

I'm going to see The Last Resort Micky Fitz tribute gig tonight in Canning Town so this might be last time you hear from me before my imminent death.

Just now, Girth said:

Yeah, sadly I don't collect vinyl (don't have the room) but there's plenty of great shops about. Couple near me (Flashback/vinyl shop in Hornsey). Probably some gems in that Hornsey shop.

I'm going to see The Last Resort Micky Fitz tribute gig tonight in Canning Town so this might be last time you hear from me before my imminent death.

That'll be a great night Girth. I should've just put the kids on the train home and stayed down.

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That'll be a great night Girth. I should've just put the kids on the train home and stayed down.

Oh it'll be ace. I loved The Business and The Last Resort are epic. East End Badoes are supporting who always storm it.

Guitar Gangsters are supporting too but ain't too bothered about them.

Here's that record shop...

http://www.cash4records.co.uk/

53 minutes ago, Girth said:

Oh it'll be ace. I loved The Business and The Last Resort are epic. East End Badoes are supporting who always storm it.

Guitar Gangsters are supporting too but ain't too bothered about them.

Here's that record shop...

http://www.cash4records.co.uk/

You must stay close to the train going into kings cross, I'll give you a wave from now on :lol:

Love Punk & Ska music, I was a teenager when Punk exploded onto the music scene (I'm 57 now), saw some great bands back then, Reggae & Ska came in on the back of it.  I saw the Skatallites a good few years ago, only two of the original members were left at that point.  Recently went to a band called Skaledonia at a pub called John Browns in Clydebank, they were superb, especially the young girl on trumpet & sax, she was brilliant.