Punk/Ska/Reggae

Girth

Proper gutted to be missing that one...the skints supporting them are very highly regarded too....supposedly two very good live bands. Enjoy.

Potentially going to Slam Dunk this year so hoping to see Interrupters and skints added to the bill to join [spunge], sum 41 and Reel Big Fish already
The interrupters were brilliant last night, Amy is a really good front woman and the boys are just a bundle of energy! Crowd were great too, just what you'd expect from a Fri nite barras crowd! Never seen the full Skints set but enjoyed what I did see, good vibe comin from them!

• 4 weeks later...
The interrupters were brilliant last night, Amy is a really good front woman and the boys are just a bundle of energy! Crowd were great too, just what you'd expect from a Fri nite barras crowd! Never seen the full Skints set but enjoyed what I did see, good vibe comin from them!

Glad you enjoyed them mate. Seen them 2/3 times. Great fun.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Very interesting take on it

Thats brilliant..Was just listening to the Virus100 LP earlier which is a compilation of DK,s songs performed by other bands.. Some really good versions and this would have fitted in nicely..Love the Kennedys..

• 2 weeks later...

Rebellion finally cancelled. Was going to go for a refund but after reading the full statement I'm kinda edging toward keeping ticket for next year. Its the 25th anniversary next year and hopefully will have a decent line up again!! Hoping for an Against Me! appearance [emoji1696]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Genuine question folks, where can I find new or just generally good, reggae content?

Joined a few groups and followed a few DJ’s off the back of that on Facebook but they just talk, make noises and give shout outs on top of the music [emoji35]

Love my Reggae (and Ska) but just trying to find new content.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Yes, seen the at Strathclyde Uni just before Malcolm Owen died.

Good band mate, seen what's left of them supporting the Strangliers in Glasgow recently.  Got chatting to them at the bar in the 02 still recording albums. 

6 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Good band mate, seen what's left of them supporting the Strangliers in Glasgow recently.  Got chatting to them at the bar in the 02 still recording albums. 

Aye, I've bumped in to them as well. Nice guys, but flogging a dead horse. They rightly point out it's essentially a different band, but I can't help comparing the two.

Anyway this reminded me of the support band that night and I've been listening to some of their stuff.

I went through to Edinburgh to see The Ruts roughly 79, one of those that ended after the last train so plan was to just doss all night but ended up meeting a guy from football who was on a bus that some Bearsden punks had put on so we got a lift back.  Great night this takes me back, cheers.

12 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

I went through to Edinburgh to see The Ruts roughly 79, one of those that ended after the last train so plan was to just doss all night but ended up meeting a guy from football who was on a bus that some Bearsden punks had put on so we got a lift back.  Great night this takes me back, cheers.

3 November 1979 at Strathclyde, I looked it up. Where did that 41 years go? I was too busy last week to reminisce about The Clash at The Apollo on 4 July 1978. (The YouTube videos won't load)

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

3 November 1979 at Strathclyde, I looked it up. Where did that 41 years go? I was too busy last week to reminisce about The Clash at The Apollo on 4 July 1978. (The YouTube videos won't load)

You got a free bus pass, old yin?