Apprentice 2016

Karpaty

Its a series when its a lot easier to find reasons to fire than reasons to keep so far. Most of them are yet to show any quality. JD a wee bit unlucky tonight but he didnt manage it well. Would have been fun fireworks between Samuel and Grainne if they had lost. Disappointed we didnt see it.

Initially thought the boys were the better group but with some of the dross weeded out the girls are showing better now. Karthik is amusing and actually when he keeps himself under control he is quite decent. Quite like Alana but she is too timid. Grainne was spot on tonight but poor when she was PM. Frances was good tonight too and Jessica is good when she stops talking long enough to think. After a poor start Dillon starting to look decent too.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Who?

This is what's wrong when you start with so many applicants - we're a few weeks in, and yet there are still people in the process that you can't place.

The effeminate one with the grey hair and beard who excelled in the personal shopping task last week and didn't do badly this week.

8 hours ago, NathanQP said:

I thought the gilet was a better product but each to their own

Really? I thought it was rubbish. If you want to be seen wear a Hi Viz jacket. If you are happy to take the risk don't. That wee row of LED lights on a zip wasn't going to change much, especially on the front. Who is going to see that when the cyclist is bent over the handlebars actually cycling? And the row of red lights round the bottom on the back would only be of any help if the cyclist was basically right in front of you and you are staring at their arse. None of it is going to stop the truck driver sitting several feet higher forgetting you are there and knocking you over. The advert in the dark was a good idea but when you saw it all it really did for me was highlight how little light it actually gave off and it certainly didn't say "there's a person there" to me. It may have worked better if the led lights had gone right around the edge of the garment and shown a body outline rather than a straight line.

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Really? I thought it was rubbish. If you want to be seen wear a Hi Viz jacket. If you are happy to take the risk don't. That wee row of LED lights on a zip wasn't going to change much, especially on the front. Who is going to see that when the cyclist is bent over the handlebars actually cycling? And the row of red lights round the bottom on the back would only be of any help if the cyclist was basically right in front of you and you are staring at their arse. None of it is going to stop the truck driver sitting several feet higher forgetting you are there and knocking you over. The advert in the dark was a good idea but when you saw it all it really did for me was highlight how little light it actually gave off and it certainly didn't say "there's a person there" to me. It may have worked better if the led lights had gone right around the edge of the garment and shown a body outline rather than a straight line.

Lots of this. There were other issues with it too - it was more "cycle casual" than proper cycle gear. Theres no doubt a market for that but its much smaller than the mainstream cycle market that you could market the headphones too. It was horrendously over priced as well. You might pay £100+ for a quality walking gilet from an established brand but not from a startup that has some leds on it.

Sugar said the headphones were the better product and Karen said the retailers liked the headphones, just not the pricing. They've actually been on sale from major cycling retailers for well over a year - Aftershockz is the brand.

The gilet might have looked nice but in terms of the task and making money in general the headphones were clearly the better product.

19 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Sugar said the headphones were the better product and Karen said the retailers liked the headphones, just not the pricing. They've actually been on sale from major cycling retailers for well over a year - Aftershockz is the brand.

This was the killer for JD really that got him fired. The fact he clearly had the vastly superior product and still managed to lose was pretty unforgiveable. That said, he was badly let down by moronic performance from Paul, Sofian and Rebecca the pavement filmer. Any of them could have gone and deserved it. I was sure Sugar would fire Rebecca.

Honestly where do they find these fucking idiots. I have absolutely no business sense or experience but could do better than these idiots.

I mean that pr thing at Waterloo was fucking awful. People would have no clue as to what was going on there and were they even wearing the Gilets while filming it? The PM just looked like a total dick when he added it into the pitch at the end.

Also as someone said before this first thing you would do when someone questioned the spelling is fire it into google to confirm it.

And the pricing of the headphones was even more fucking ridiculous I mean what idiot thought it would be a good idea to give a 40% discount regardless of amount purchased. The lack of common sense among these folk astounds me at times.

It's lucky it's not a job they get at the end of this as there is only probably 2-3 that Sugar would even consider giving a job to.

For me only half decent ones in the show are Grainne (sp), Dillon and when she is not hysterical Jessica and occasionally Frances.

4 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Honestly where do they find these fucking idiots. I have absolutely no business sense or experience but could do better than these idiots.

I mean that pr thing at Waterloo was fucking awful. People would have no clue as to what was going on there and were they even wearing the Gilets while filming it? The PM just looked like a total dick when he added it into the pitch at the end.

Also as someone said before this first thing you would do when someone questioned the spelling is fire it into google to confirm it.

And the pricing of the headphones was even more fucking ridiculous I mean what idiot thought it would be a good idea to give a 40% discount regardless of amount purchased. The lack of common sense among these folk astounds me at times.

It's lucky it's not a job they get at the end of this as there is only probably 2-3 that Sugar would even consider giving a job to.

For me only half decent ones in the show are Grainne (sp), Dillon and when she is not hysterical Jessica and occasionally Frances.

That was clearly a huge mistake. Did the pricing not come from the owner guy though? 

2 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Well yes, with both teams clearly equipped with smart phones for communication too. However, it's a long established precedent for the show that they don't use the internet to look for answers. The annual shopping list task of course completely relies on them not being able to Google what things are and where they can buy them. Otherwise the whole task wouldn't work. It's completely unrealistic but quite entertaining.

There's nothing realistic or sensible about the show but it's still compelling viewing regardless. I'll never forgive Sugar for sacking the guy who got the toy skeleton at a fraction of the cost. Was obviously upset he got played like a fiddle.

There's nothing realistic or sensible about the show but it's still compelling viewing regardless. I'll never forgive Sugar for sacking the guy who got the toy skeleton at a fraction of the cost. Was obviously upset he got played like a fiddle.

I'm sure there will be something like that in next weeks episode

On Saturday, November 05, 2016 at 16:37, NotThePars said:

This. He absolutely complied with the requirement for an anatomically correct skeleton and got battered for it. What made it worse was the following year he gave credit for ingenuity when one team brought back a childrens toy as the inflatable dinghy they had been asked to get. Makes it up as he goes along but its great viewing.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. He absolutely complied with the requirement for an anatomically correct skeleton and got battered for it. What made it worse was the following year he gave credit for ingenuity when one team brought back a childrens toy as the inflatable dinghy they had been asked to get. Makes it up as he goes along but its great viewing.

Yup, candidates can be praised for their initiative, or berated for disobeying the PM's instructions, depending on whether he wants to keep them or get rid of them.

On 11/5/2016 at 12:37, NotThePars said:

Yeah, me too. Should never have got the boot for that. Ambiguity in a contract should always favor the party that didn't write it, so it seems pretty off that a candidate lost out just because there was a loophole in the instructions.

Archived