Apprentice 2016

Karpaty

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 23:34, The Minertaur said:

That's the 2nd week in a row that I've noticed Lord Sugars receptionist sitting reading '2016 Finances! You'd think they could at least give the actress a different spreadsheet to read!

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 00:44, MSU said:

She was looking at his calendar the other week. His Tuesday looked remarkably clear.

If you look closely, she's not even looking at a spreadsheet or a calendar...it's a photo of them :unsure:

Good ol' Sugar can't even buy a Microsoft package, and just lets his 'receptionist' look at photos of them!

Trishna clearly had to much bevy and was rough as f**k the next day.

Alana will win it I think, but it's clear from the start now that sugar knows from day 1 who he wants to win it.

I think this has been the biggest problem with the format change. He's going to decide based on the business plans who he wants to win and the rest has become window dressing.

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

I think this has been the biggest problem with the format change. He's going to decide based on the business plans who he wants to win and the rest has become window dressing.

Maybe next series he shouldnt see the business plans at all? Pick the best candidate and invest in their business no matter what it is

I've said since they changed the format that the whole process is a series of dead rubber tasks.  He knows exactly who he wants at the start.  It was far better then the winner was the person who was the best overall package, and they then just got employed into one of his companies.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I've said since they changed the format that the whole process is a series of dead rubber tasks.  He knows exactly who he wants at the start.  It was far better then the winner was the person who was the best overall package, and they then just got employed into one of his companies.

Agreed. The whole thing could be done in an hour if he just read all their business plans and picked the best one (which he probably does anyway). And the business plan format makes an even bigger mockery of their insistence for "firing" someone. Back when it was the job up for grabs, Alan was firing people not in his employ who were just applicants in the recruitment process. Now he's firing people who are essentially asking him for a business loan.

We watched "The Final Five" show last night. Not a huge amount of surprises or revelations, although Courtneys design background does kind of explain why he's so bad at pitching and selling.

What did jump out, though, is that all five already have established and, by the looks of it, reasonably successful companies. So, unless any of them are planning a complete break away into a new area, what we have are five people who are already making reasonable money asking for an investment to make their business bigger so they can make even more money. I realise that this is basically the point of business, but I'd far rather watch a group of people with genuine new ideas looking for investment than this.

4 hours ago, Mr X said:

We watched "The Final Five" show last night. Not a huge amount of surprises or revelations, although Courtneys design background does kind of explain why he's so bad at pitching and selling.

What did jump out, though, is that all five already have established and, by the looks of it, reasonably successful companies. So, unless any of them are planning a complete break away into a new area, what we have are five people who are already making reasonable money asking for an investment to make their business bigger so they can make even more money. I realise that this is basically the point of business, but I'd far rather watch a group of people with genuine new ideas looking for investment than this.

I think this was what made Junior Apprentice so enjoyable. Plus, there were genuine melters like wee Mo.

Archived