Apprentice 2016

Karpaty

Gutted Karthik has gone. Right decision admittedly - utterly pathetic result.

9 left and still nobody doing well. Frances is reminding me of Tom who won a few years ago. Loses constantly but comes through to win.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the episode but as someone says above if that guy had bought four jet-skis then they'd have won.  You get that with the high-end item tasks though - you can make a total c**t of everything but sell a single speedboat and you're laughing.  Also, you could do a great job and persuade three or four people to sign up but if they fail a credit check then you are screwed.  The right team won though, I was pleased for the lassie who hadn't won a task up to that point.

Karthik was hilarious, although a useless project manager.  I always like it when people who do similar jobs to me are on and he seems a funny guy but he made a total bollocks of the task - he couldn't make decisions and when he did they were inexplicable.  Why not give the only person with experience flogging luxury goods a job, er, flogging luxury goods?  The product choices were shite as well and the team were useless at selling.  That 'Blue Steel' looking guy is creepy af, I don't know why everyone says he's such a lovely chap.  Alana is probably pretty decent at whatever she does but was a lost puppy last night.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I enjoyed the episode but as someone says above if that guy had bought four jet-skis then they'd have won.  You get that with the high-end item tasks though - you can make a total c**t of everything but sell a single speedboat and you're laughing.  Also, you could do a great job and persuade three or four people to sign up but if they fail a credit check then you are screwed.  The right team won though, I was pleased for the lassie who hadn't won a task up to that point.

Karthik was hilarious, although a useless project manager.  I always like it when people who do similar jobs to me are on and he seems a funny guy but he made a total bollocks of the task - he couldn't make decisions and when he did they were inexplicable.  Why not give the only person with experience flogging luxury goods a job, er, flogging luxury goods?  The product choices were shite as well and the team were useless at selling.  That 'Blue Steel' looking guy is creepy af, I don't know why everyone says he's such a lovely chap.  Alana is probably pretty decent at whatever she does but was a lost puppy last night.

She's been a lost puppy the whole process so far.  After the first week (maybe second week) when she was nearly in tears in the boardroom I expected/hoped she would toughen up as the process went on but really hasn't.  Shame as I quite like her!

Is there anybody who hasn't been brought back in yet? Courtney and Frances? 

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

She's been a lost puppy the whole process so far.  After the first week (maybe second week) when she was nearly in tears in the boardroom I expected/hoped she would toughen up as the process went on but really hasn't.  Shame as I quite like her!

I think so. Pretty impressive from Frances given shes been in the losing team every week until now!

3 minutes ago, Barry Manilow said:

She does have a pretty decent set of chebs on her to be fair though.

This should not be overlooked.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

:ph34r::whistle

The team that lost basically put all of their eggs in one basket with the guy who might have bought 4 jet skis. Someone buying one jet ski for themselves is much more likely to make a same day purchase than a guy bulk buying for a business. He’d be stupid not to go away, think about it and have another look at his other options before making a final decision.

After he’d sacked Karthik, I couldn’t understand why Grainne as sub project leader got to choose someone to return to the boardroom while not having to do so herself. At least one of the two people (not) selling jet skis should have been back in to explain themselves.

Alana looks like she's about to burst into tears every time she's on camera, during task or in the boardroom. She must have a half decent business plan though as she hasn't done anything of note during the process and still has gotten some praise. 

It's been a really poor series, performance wise. 

On 11/17/2016 at 21:25, 19QOS19 said:

Brady really is an utter cow. So fucking what if Jessica is saying her kid likes the bag and that she's sold 5 already! I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

It's illegal.

Remember someone got their arse handed to them for saying they were selling something at half price a few years back when they weren't.

On 18/11/2016 at 23:25, invergowrie arab said:

It's illegal.

Remember someone got their arse handed to them for saying they were selling something at half price a few years back when they weren't.

That was about pricing, though. There are very specific laws on how pricing, in particular sale prices, can be advertised.

Im not sure theres any law about salesman bullshitting about their kids or parents. Maybe, possibly, at a push you could claim false advertising

It's illegal.

How's that illegal? That previous task was on pricing. To sell something at half price it has to be twice the price for a month before you can advertise it as being half price.

It's illegal.

It can't be illegal or every salesman in the world would be locked up. She didn't say "I've sold 5 of these at double that price", which would have been illegal (if it wasn't true). All she did was bullshit to make a sale, the same way shops say "Hurry! Selling fast!" "Liimited availability!" or "I've got one of these myself actually" etc.

The person that got hammered last season (and by Brady) had written something like "Was £19.99" for the product they were selling at £9.99. And Brady rightly told them to take that down as they hadn't ever sold one for the higher price.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It can't be illegal or every salesman in the world would be locked up. She didn't say "I've sold 5 of these at double that price", which would have been illegal (if it wasn't true). All she did was bullshit to make a sale, the same way shops say "Hurry! Selling fast!" "Liimited availability!" or "I've got one of these myself actually" etc.

The person that got hammered last season (and by Brady) had written something like "Was £19.99" for the product they were selling at £9.99. And Brady rightly told them to take that down as they hadn't ever sold one for the higher price.

Illegal is probably an unhelpful term to use. It is unlawful.

It's misrepresentation. Someone can not utter statements they know to be untrue to induce someone to enter a contract.

It's not criminal like the false price example but you can rescind a contract and claim damages on the basis of misrepresentation.

You can offer statements of opinion eg "this is the best dildo on the market" "these dildos are selling fast" 

What you can not do is say something you know to be false. 

Nobody is likely to want to unwind a contract on a toy fish so a big deal wasn't made of it but you can imagine if I make processors for laptops as well as the finished product and I say to you as a buyer I use all my own processors in my product, when I don't, it becomes a bit of a problem.

Archived