Apprentice 2016

Karpaty

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Slightly O/T but every Fired candidate has stayed back to say goodbye to the other two. I'd put money on Paul just fucking off when he gets axed.

No they haven't. There's at least two this series stormed off without a goodbye already. Karthik last week went straight out the door. There was one earlier in the series too though I can't remember who. I do remember the wife and I commenting on the fact they hadn't waited though.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Sugar saying calm down dear. Wasn't there a politician that got into bother for that?

Paul looked like even more of a p***k with his scarf.

Aye, the Prime Minister!

No they haven't. There's at least two this series stormed off without a goodbye already. Karthik last week went straight out the door. There was one earlier in the series too though I can't remember who. I do remember the wife and I commenting on the fact they hadn't waited though.

Indeed. I made my comment to my missus and she took great pleasure at shooting me down and correcting my mistake. Boot.

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Personally I thought the Aquarium was a much better venue.

Trishna did ok, certainly the best of her team which was otherwise completely car crash. I think Alannah had another quietly effective week though and Grainne did as ok as Trishna did. It's ironic actually that though all the early indications are that the boys team was much better than the girls team we've got to this stage with only three boys left and none of them look remotely like a winner. Sofian is a lucky boy to still be in it whilst Dylan has done nothing at all yet to suggest he's anything other than a decent team player who focuses on his artistic side. He hasn't remotely got any leadership in him. Neither does Courtney. Paul was the best of the boys left in business terms but he's also a simmering boiling pot just waiting to explode at any minute and his management tonight and bullying tactics were an hour long suicide note. Actually trying to shout down Sugar in the Boardroom was hilarious but also an act akin to the Japanese rite of hari-kiri!

Jessica is sailing very close to the wind too. Not only has she in past weeks more than once just blatantly lied in tasks plus she bursts into tears any time something goes wrong but as unclear as Paul was about the hot food, she DID completely cock up the sales and pretty much everything else she touched this week.

Frances isn't remotely as bad as her win - loss record implies but her sucking up to Paul on Day one this week had me worried she was actually going to kiss him in the taxi! I think the criticism of her in trying to dress mutton as lamb for the food was harsh though. As much an error as it was, she was trying to dig them out of a hole created by others (Edited to add - that was posted before I saw Claude say the same on You're Fired)

I'm enjoying the series for entertainment but it's a laughably bad gene pool for candidates. There have been other series where none of this lot would have reached the last eight. Probably almost every other series actually. The fact that quietly effective people like Alannah and Trishna are the best they have to offer underlines that. I'm astonished he hasn't sacked more than one in more weeks.

Shes married to a lower league footballer, so Pauls probably her type! She totally owned him in the boardroom though, claiming she did all the food menu herself and then when he argued that he helped firing straight in with "well you're responsible for it too" 

Sugar is focusing so much on the fact that shes been in the losing team every week, bar one, but I dont really see how its relevant. She's only been in the board room a couple of times and the only task shes PMd was a massive win. She is turning into a bit of an arse though.

There have been some utterly disastrous tasks this series. I wouldnt be surprised if all their business plans are rotten too

Frances nearly played a blinder. I reckon she knew they were on to a loser and was sooking in with Paul to avoid being brought back, since he's always fighting with Jessica and Sofian is a moron. Shame it didn't work but she got away with it.

I was gutting myself at Courtney in the awful costume, he looked completely broken for the rest of the task after that. :lol:

Paul is the sort of person who once they've had four pints is looking for someone to glass.  An absolute arsehole.

He was also useless at the task.  They should've sat down and taken a few minutes to work out how much ticket prices were, what you got for that, how many they needed to sell etc.  It wouldn't be hard.

There does seem to be a lot of blubbing this series.  ALmost every episode people are bursting into tears.

18 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Frances nearly played a blinder. I reckon she knew they were on to a loser and was sooking in with Paul to avoid being brought back, since he's always fighting with Jessica and Sofian is a moron. Shame it didn't work but she got away with it.

I was gutting myself at Courtney in the awful costume, he looked completely broken for the rest of the task after that. :lol:

This, I said it at the time when they were in the taxi

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Paul is the sort of person who once they've had four pints is looking for someone to glass.  An absolute arsehole.

He was also useless at the task.  They should've sat down and taken a few minutes to work out how much ticket prices were, what you got for that, how many they needed to sell etc.  It wouldn't be hard.

There does seem to be a lot of blubbing this series.  ALmost every episode people are bursting into tears.

Hes also the kind of guy who has no idea how he comes across to others.

Im surprised Sugar didnt bring up the pricing in the way you've done. Both teams seemed to have it arse about face

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Im surprised Sugar didnt bring up the pricing in the way you've done. Both teams seemed to have it arse about face

I was shocked by this as well.  The reason they lost the task wasn't because of the canapes but because they sold their tickets too cheap.  I was waiting for Sugar to pounce on Jessica and Sofiane for selling so cheap.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/the-apprentice-nick-hewer-contestants-pretty_uk_583557b3e4b0ddedcf5b6bbe

The current crop of ‘Apprentice’ contestants have come under fire from viewers for being among the worst ever, having continued to make numerous blunders throughout the series. 

But Nick, who has been replaced by Claude Littner on the BBC reality series, also claimed producers chose them on the merit of whether they will make good TV, rather than for their business acumen. 

6 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Through biggest shocker of the episode was that the singing mermaid was £500 to hire!! 

Well, they did sell the tickets on the basis of a "spectacular" underwater show when they were to hold their breath for ages. Instead they sat looking ridiculous and sang crap Disney songs. I can't believ they didn't get pulled up more for that either in the boardroom or the people that were duped into selling tickets.

Paul may have said goodbye to the other two contestants but he conspicuously said nothing to Sugar or Karen and Claude.

On 11/26/2016 at 19:59, 1320Lichtie said:

Paul was a c**t I'm glad he's gone. I'm in love with both the mancunian (I think? Definitely NW) and the Irish lassie. So hope one of them win.

Shows you how much I've enjoyed it this year. Can't even remember the names of them all.

I'm the same, I had no idea that young looking boi was called Courtney until last week.  It's been the worst series by a long way. Even thinking about it now I have no idea what the blonde lassie is called.  Or the one who was brilliant doing the tour last week. 

On 26/11/2016 at 19:59, 1320Lichtie said:

Paul was a c**t I'm glad he's gone. I'm in love with both the mancunian (I think? Definitely NW) and the Irish lassie. So hope one of them win.

Shows you how much I've enjoyed it this year. Can't even remember the names of them all.

I think Grainne from here, will win http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/3dljM1nv8JS2bWfgDmPsK4d/grainne-mccoy

Archived