Apprentice 2016

Karpaty

17 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Illegal is probably an unhelpful term to use. It is unlawful.

It's misrepresentation. Someone can not utter statements they know to be untrue to induce someone to enter a contract.

It's not criminal like the false price example but you can rescind a contract and claim damages on the basis of misrepresentation.

You can offer statements of opinion eg "this is the best dildo on the market" "these dildos are selling fast" 

What you can not do is say something you know to be false. 

Nobody is likely to want to unwind a contract on a toy fish so a big deal wasn't made of it but you can imagine if I make processors for laptops as well as the finished product and I say to you as a buyer I use all my own processors in my product, when I don't, it becomes a bit of a problem.

You are still absolutely gutted about being sold those dodgy dildos IMO.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me that thinks it's a lot easier to sell tickets to Madam Tussauds than it is to the aquarium?

This is horrific to watch. Other than Trishna they've all been shite tonight.

Nope, I said exactly this before they had even sold a ticket. Tussauds was by far the better venue and they well and truly fucked it. Paul showing yet again that he does a lot of talking but can never back it up.

Jessica needs to hold it together. I reckon Sugar will just tell her to go if she bursts into tears again.

Thank Christ. About time

That was the worst episode I've ever watched. Hilarious admittedly but just appalling.

Tears galore and not a single brain cell between them. One of these guys must have a gem of a business plan as I can't see why any of them were selected!

Next week's looks good though!

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Is it just me that thinks it's a lot easier to sell tickets to Madam Tussauds than it is to the aquarium?

This is horrific to watch. Other than Trishna they've all been shite tonight.

Personally I thought the Aquarium was a much better venue.

Trishna did ok, certainly the best of her team which was otherwise completely car crash. I think Alannah had another quietly effective week though and Grainne did as ok as Trishna did. It's ironic actually that though all the early indications are that the boys team was much better than the girls team we've got to this stage with only three boys left and none of them look remotely like a winner. Sofian is a lucky boy to still be in it whilst Dylan has done nothing at all yet to suggest he's anything other than a decent team player who focuses on his artistic side. He hasn't remotely got any leadership in him. Neither does Courtney. Paul was the best of the boys left in business terms but he's also a simmering boiling pot just waiting to explode at any minute and his management tonight and bullying tactics were an hour long suicide note. Actually trying to shout down Sugar in the Boardroom was hilarious but also an act akin to the Japanese rite of hari-kiri!

Jessica is sailing very close to the wind too. Not only has she in past weeks more than once just blatantly lied in tasks plus she bursts into tears any time something goes wrong but as unclear as Paul was about the hot food, she DID completely cock up the sales and pretty much everything else she touched this week.

Frances isn't remotely as bad as her win - loss record implies but her sucking up to Paul on Day one this week had me worried she was actually going to kiss him in the taxi! I think the criticism of her in trying to dress mutton as lamb for the food was harsh though. As much an error as it was, she was trying to dig them out of a hole created by others (Edited to add - that was posted before I saw Claude say the same on You're Fired)

I'm enjoying the series for entertainment but it's a laughably bad gene pool for candidates. There have been other series where none of this lot would have reached the last eight. Probably almost every other series actually. The fact that quietly effective people like Alannah and Trishna are the best they have to offer underlines that. I'm astonished he hasn't sacked more than one in more weeks.

Archived