Sign in to follow this  
Archie McSquackle

Jersey

We're taking the kids for five days during the school holiday in a few weeks to a hotel in St. Helier. It's family orientated with a pool and we're not hiring a car so will be relying on public transport. Can anyone give us a few tips for things to do and how to get around? Kids are 11 and 7 if that helps steer suggestions.

Only been once, went for 5 days. We hired a car but I wouldn't bother. The island is so small it's not needed. There is a bus hub in St Helier and you can get anywhere very easily.

There is a zoo/ animal park which is interesting. I found the German WW2 military hospital museum very interesting, don't know about your kids 'tho.

You can get a day trip to St Malo if you wish

We got a taxi one way and bus back to St Brelades, about 6 miles away. There's a cracking restaurant called the Oyster Box and a decent sports bar where you can keep an eye on the kids playing on the beach if the weather's decent.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm sure we'll go to the zoo and the war hospital museum looks interesting - will see if we can fit it in as I think we'll be going to the war tunnels. St. Brelades looks lovely and the forecast looks good so I think we'll give that a go. 

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 09:11, WILLIEA said:

Only been once, went for 5 days. We hired a car but I wouldn't bother. The island is so small it's not needed. There is a bus hub in St Helier and you can get anywhere very easily.

There is a zoo/ animal park which is interesting. I found the German WW2 military hospital museum very interesting, don't know about your kids 'tho.

You can get a day trip to St Malo if you wish

Sounds pretty dull!

Was it!?