Jersey

Archie McSquackle

We're taking the kids for five days during the school holiday in a few weeks to a hotel in St. Helier. It's family orientated with a pool and we're not hiring a car so will be relying on public transport. Can anyone give us a few tips for things to do and how to get around? Kids are 11 and 7 if that helps steer suggestions.

Only been once, went for 5 days. We hired a car but I wouldn't bother. The island is so small it's not needed. There is a bus hub in St Helier and you can get anywhere very easily.

There is a zoo/ animal park which is interesting. I found the German WW2 military hospital museum very interesting, don't know about your kids 'tho.

You can get a day trip to St Malo if you wish

We got a taxi one way and bus back to St Brelades, about 6 miles away. There's a cracking restaurant called the Oyster Box and a decent sports bar where you can keep an eye on the kids playing on the beach if the weather's decent.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 09:11, WILLIEA said:

Only been once, went for 5 days. We hired a car but I wouldn't bother. The island is so small it's not needed. There is a bus hub in St Helier and you can get anywhere very easily.

There is a zoo/ animal park which is interesting. I found the German WW2 military hospital museum very interesting, don't know about your kids 'tho.

You can get a day trip to St Malo if you wish

Sounds pretty dull!

Was it!?

Archived