Caley Thistle Thread 1994 - 2017

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funnily enough, I saw the other day that different papers headlines differed depending on which charge they led with.  This meant the Daily Record went with (words to the effect of) 'Meekings Cleared', while the Highland News went with 'Meekings Guilty'!  

I saw Meekings walking through the town one night with a few other players and he should've been arrested for crimes against fashion!  The haircut in the BBC photo is a shocker too.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 13:05, thorogood's destroyers said:

OOSHT! That video is both nectar and horrendous for this exiled Jags man. I left Inverness in 1989 for Perth, so it's great to see the old places I watched football (and played on), along with half forgotten players from those days.

FUN FACT: When I moved to Perth one of my new classmates was... Clach number 5 Clayton Robertson! He was in the Saints youth programme at the time. Nice big guy. Hilarious nonsense for the second Thistle goal though.

Still to this day, when I hear of the players surnamed 'Christie' and 'Polworth' I have to check myself from thinking 'Charlie' and 'Ian'.

• 2 weeks later...

We have Pifeckincasso in goals ?!!

Owain Fon Williams' painting Together Stronger

Welsh international goalkeeper Owain Fon Williams has completed a painting of the Wales team at Euro 2016.

Williams, who plays for Scottish Premiership side Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC, was with the team for this summer's tournament in France.

His canvas portrays the team's celebrations at winning a historic appearance in the semi finals.

Williams' other artwork has been inspired by the landscape and culture of Dyffryn Nantlle, where he grew up.

It includes paintings of slate quarries near where he lived in north west Wales.

Since moving to Inverness, he has also created paintings of Highland cattle.

Williams spent five months planning and painting the Euro 2016 canvas called Together Stronger.

Also, that the Nando's almost ready to open up at the retail park.  Means potentially higher profile players being interested in signing for us IMO.

Also the number of cheeky wee meals available in Inverness is going to grow exponentially.

The number of serious banquets is going to take a hit.

Mental to think that we're actually going down after playing in Europe last season.  Not playing a proven goalscorer in Scott Boden is costing big time.

We have an Irish striker on trial who will very likely be signing soon.

As part of the squad's secret santa this year, Greg Tansey was given an Aberdeen top with his name on the back.

Richie Foran's insistence in playing Vigurs, Polworth and Tansey in the same team will lead us to oblivion. 

Three factual pieces of information, there.

11 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

We have an Irish striker on trial who will very likely be signing soon.

As part of the squad's secret santa this year, Greg Tansey was given an Aberdeen top with his name on the back.

Richie Foran's insistence in playing Vigurs, Polworth and Tansey in the same team will lead us to oblivion. 

Three factual pieces of information, there.

Four, in fact :angel

Archived