Caley Thistle Thread 1994 - 2017

22 minutes ago, CityDave said:

FFS guys :rolleyes:

Remember these games?

I was at both games.  The Livi game was a sickener.  Still got promoted that season though, and now look at both clubs.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stonedsailor said:

Very few matches were even shown as highlights back then Dave.

Nah, I've got loads of them as we were on FF every Sunday from 1999 and also Scottish Cup Sportscene before that. Just a case of getting the stuff uploaded though.

40 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Nah, I've got loads of them as we were on FF every Sunday from 1999 and also Scottish Cup Sportscene before that. Just a case of getting the stuff uploaded though.

True. Forgot about football first. 

3 hours ago, stonedsailor said:

Very few matches were even shown as highlights back then Dave.

Sportscene ran a feature called the Road To Hampden in the 90's and it focused on extended highlights of one game from all the rounds, this could be any tie they chose and then they would follow the winner onto the next tie. For example the 1994/95 season they picked Civil Service Strollers v Burntisland SY and showed the highlights of the other ties, BiSY won that 6-2 so then met Huntly in the 3rd Round, again extended highlights Huntly won 7-0 to set up a 4th Round home tie with Dundee Utd and so on. Edit forgot to mention there were a lot of videos from this era up on Youtube a few years ago, many either have been buried under more recent additions or have vanished completely.

There was also a program called Football First which ran for about 10 years focusing on the 2nd tier. And they would have a feature on the lower two leagues every now and again. The first time I saw Caley Thistle on this show was not long after we moved to the new Stadium and this also was my first attendance at the new ground this against Cowdenbeath and also it showed when we clinched the 3rd Division title at home to Montrose. I have this recording myself on MP4 format on a hard drive. I gave most of these recordings to my uncle and I don't know what condition they are in now. I have the gadgets to transfer from video to digital format, so if I ever get hold of them and they are in good condition I will try and share them.

There were quite a few home videos of this program transferred to Youtube most of these when we were in the 1st, I remember a few games vs Livingston, the 7-3 win over Ayr also our 3-1 cup win at Tynecastle have also vanished. I found one recording which was a home 1-1 draw with Morton, Glancy scored our goal Paddy Connolly for Morton, nice to see the terracing again. In fact I've found a few featuring those two teams against each other.

16 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Get a grip, please.

11 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Please go back to CaleyThistleOnline 

7 hours ago, micaley68 said:

I would rather he went back to supporting the bheasts from the east as he did when Caledonian were his wee team!

Well thanks mainly to City Dave we now have a thread where we can relive some memories from our short yet fascinating existence. Looks like this thread has taken a firm grip and should have been here from the off. I am looking forward to a "life" on P&B and CTO. At least I did not remain a Refusenik and made the transition. Possibly a bit like quickly getting used to new things - like this glorious thread.

Enjoy whingers :P

Fairly sure that one of those Morton games Steve Paterson stayed up all night drinking the night before and couldn't do the team talk because he was still steaming.  The coaches had to keep him in teh dressing room after teh game so he didn't do the post-match interview drunk :lol:

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Fairly sure that one of those Morton games Steve Paterson stayed up all night drinking the night before and couldn't do the team talk because he was still steaming.  The coaches had to keep him in teh dressing room after teh game so he didn't do the post-match interview drunk :lol:

Pele :wub: Still the greatest manager we have ever had.

14 hours ago, thorogood's destroyers said:

The End

A better* crowd than ICT get now.

*better does not necessarily equate to numerically superior. 

Archived