Caley Thistle Thread 1994 - 2017

42 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Only two daughters? I thought he had shree?

This is the Donald Trump thing.  There's a secret daughter of which he never speaks.  I think she's some kind of freak, or has magic powers, or is in Bedlam.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The worst defensive side I have seen at any level watching Ross County was his QOS relegation side.  He seemed utterly unable to fix what was a glaring problem.  That sounds remarkably familiar.

I'd be amazed if ICT went with Gus McPherson.   Amused, certainly, but also amazed.

He transformed a honking St. Mirren team almost over night making them very hard to beat, but that was years ago.

Rumours that we are in talks with McNaughton and Cammy Mckay to extend contracts but Fisher is electing to leave. Would like to see us retain Fisher, would do a good job in the Championship however, I can imagine some lower Premiership will be keen to obtain his services. 

2 hours ago, Arjy said:

Rumours that we are in talks with McNaughton and Cammy Mckay to extend contracts but Fisher is electing to leave. Would like to see us retain Fisher, would do a good job in the Championship however, I can imagine some lower Premiership will be keen to obtain his services. 

Away back to England more likely.

Our gaffer Stevie Aitken seems to be whoring himself in the Glasgow Evening Times for your job. I haven't seen him linked anywhere else aside from that article saying he's flattered about the interest. He's just signed a two year deal with us so we'd be due compensation but if you want him I doubt we'd be too difficult to deal with. I think it would be a huge risk for you but stranger things have happened.

Season tickets out today, same price as last year apparently. No deals or discounts to speak of as far as I'm aware, apart from under-12s still going free. Strikes me as a bit of a piss-take

Bizarre few days that even Raith Rovers would be proud of:

• Season ticket prices frozen leaving the club with the most expensive tickets in the Championship leading to a backlash from the fans
  • Bizarre statements from the club which have failed to acknowledge a club favourite in Foran and what he did for the club over the years (maybe not last year obviously!) only giving him a couple of lines to say "Cheers but see you later mate"
  • Number of players let go including fan favourites like Fisher who declined to sign a new deal partly because of being dicked around by the manager
  • Some players seemingly not even told that they were getting released and finding out through Twitter (Meekings)
  • Media team seemingly getting canned
  • Fans turning up at the club shop at the weekend looking to buy the new strip only to find it closed and with no operational information anywhere

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

• Season ticket prices frozen leaving the club with the most expensive tickets in the Championship leading to a backlash from the fans
  • Bizarre statements from the club which have failed to acknowledge a club favourite in Foran and what he did for the club over the years (maybe not last year obviously!) only giving him a couple of lines to say "Cheers but see you later mate"
  • Number of players let go including fan favourites like Fisher who declined to sign a new deal partly because of being dicked around by the manager
  • Some players seemingly not even told that they were getting released and finding out through Twitter (Meekings)
  • Fans turning up at the club shop at the weekend looking to buy the new strip only to find it closed and with no operational information anywhere

Jesus. We seem to be on a quest to become the biggest laughing stock in Scottish football, no mean feat

1 minute ago, RiG said:

This seems like an opportune moment to point out that your friendly neighbours across the bridge have reduced adult season ticket prices in the Jail End to a mere £200.  Kids season tickets can also be purchased for as little as £5.

So folk in the Highlands can choose between watching Ross County against the likes of Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen for £200, or pay > £300 to see ICT against (and with no disrespect intended) Brechin, Dumbarton and Morton.

We're a very hospitable club, so anyone who wants to switch allegiance will be warmly received.  All the information you need can be found here: http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/archive/season-tickets-huge-discounts-for-201718/

There's something kind of pathetic about a club trying to take season-ticket holders from it's supposed biggest rivals but I don't doubt there are plenty of teuchtery arseholes in Inverness who will probably go with it.

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

The club is becoming more and more disorganised, this is more concerning than the team out on the pitch.

Makes sense for County to try and capitalise on any 'floating' fans. I suspect there are quite a few fans who just like to watch football up there and have no real affinity for any club.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Makes sense for County to try and capitalise on any 'floating' fans. I suspect there are quite a few fans who just like to watch football up there and have no real affinity for any club.

Not so sure to be honest, I think most of the floaters (in every sense of the word) up here in the Highlands already support one of the Old Firm and the real supporters of Caley Thistle and County who don't bow to one of the arsecheeks are highly unlikely to swap allegiances. Although, now I think about it, those same floaters are exactly the people you're talking about

15 minutes ago, RiG said:

Floating or neutral, can't make up their mind? Would 'floating' fans buy season tickets? We are talking about a few rather than any great number of whom probably don't go to enough games anyway to make that much of a difference.

The utter fucking state of that statement this afternoon. First line: "There has been a good response of candidates expressing interest for the position of ICT football manager."

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Archived