Caley Thistle Thread 1994 - 2017

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last time ICT went down, they came straight back up, didn't they?

Aye but we're something of a shambles right now. We might get into the playoffs but I'd be very surprised if we bounced back first time round.

23 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Last time ICT went down, they came straight back up, didn't they?

Yes, but they had some real quality in the squad in these days  - experienced players such as Tokely, Munro, Duncan, McBain, Hastings, Golabeck along with rising stars like Shinnie, Rooney, Hayes, Nick Ross. 

Butcher did succeed in turning them into a team of battlers who were a pleasure to watch. 

Yes, but they had some real quality in the squad in these days  - experienced players such as Tokely, Munro, Duncan, McBain, Hastings, Golabeck along with rising stars like Shinnie, Rooney, Hayes, Nick Ross. 
Butcher did succeed in turning them into a team of battlers who were a pleasure to watch. 

This post fills me with confidence that your scouting role won't be adversely affected. (I don't know which Shinnie you meant but still 2/3 regardless).

It should have been hamilton.

Foran is an arsehole.

This thread has a serious lack of Dross County fans. Boring c***s.

Inverness are okay, though. I'm sure y u guys will be back in no time. Would love to sit here and take the piss, but you lot are alright.

Probably also got something to do with the fact that we should be in your position right now.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Been coming since Hamilton pumped us 3-0 in January. Foran should have gone then. Can't really have any complaints. It's been a shambles of a season. More 3pm kick offs and a few new places to visit won't distract from the hammer blow that is relegation. A massive problem for the club now.

I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again - Foran has had an easy ride this season - I don't think he's a bad guy, but ICT have been relegation candidates pretty much from day one.

Inverness have been a great addition to the top league since they came up - when we meet again, I hope to Christ it's in the top league.

Our relegation is well deserved and has been coming for months.  We just haven't been able to string together any sort of run.

We currently have twelve contracted players - Fon Williams, Esson, Warren, Mckay, Tremarco, Raven, Draper, Polworth, Doran, Vigurs, Mulreany and Boden.

I was speaking to RiG the other night about the club and we haven't really improved the squad since the summer of 2013, when we signed Watkins, Tremarco, Williams, Vincent and, later in that season, Tansey.  The window before 2014/15 we didn't sign anyone because we had a settled squad and the last couple of seasons we have signed utter dross which has lead to the massive drop off that we've seen.  We need to freshen up the squad but the financial blow of going down makes that very difficult to do and I don't have any real faith in the current management, both in the dugout and the boardroom, to do that.  We don't seem to have a plan for what players to sign and how to build the team and once we've got them we haven't been organised or coached properly.  From what we hear there are changes coming behind the scenes - last time we went down we gambled on a lot of one year contracts and took the losses, I wonder if there's the apetite to do that again.

6 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

This thread has a serious lack of Dross County fans. Boring c***s.

Good luck to them. Would much rather keep the highland derby in the SPFL but there you go.

When do we get to see the chains and locks on the gates live on Sky Sports News? 

Looking forward to seeing Draper in a County Shirt next season though, maybe Meekings too.

For what it's worth your BOD are a fking disgrace, always have been, the sooner the club actually engages with the people of Inverness the better.

On a final note please keep the Pride of the highlands signs and flags they're hilarious!

When do we get to see the chains and locks on the gates live on Sky Sports News? 
Looking forward to seeing Draper in a County Shirt next season though, maybe Meekings too.
For what it's worth your BOD are a fking disgrace, always have been, the sooner the club actually engages with the people of Inverness the better.
On a final note please keep the Pride of the highlands signs and flags they're hilarious!

Couldn't agree more with the third paragraph of this post.

Ah well, cheerio Caley (for now), I'll miss the derbies.

As others have said, I think your board have let you down badly, makes me appreciate Roy's insightful guidance of our club even more.

I thought Foran always came across well actually (apart from the apples comment), although it was always going to be a big ask for him as a rookie. Being lumbered with Rice can't have helped. Given a clearout and a fresh start I think he could come good.

Tansey saying he can look in the mirror at himself maybe says more to me than anything else, as a player who I always looked on as a massive threat in the derbies, etc, he's been a complete nonentity this season. Draper, too hasn't been half the player he was, although at least he looks like he still gives a ****! Poor man management or deeper seated problems?

One thing is for sure, the team deserves better support from the businesses and public in Inverness, why that isn't there I do not know.

FWIW I think you'll come back a stronger and better club.

Interesting stuff ....foran "we'll come back up next season....Tremarco.. "We will be back to where we belong"....even if united go up & factoring parachute money in ICT will be vying with comfortably bigger clubs at the top of the league in Falkirk..St Mirren..Dunfermline...id be extremely surprised if you came higher than third

Archived