Caley Thistle Thread 1994 - 2017

On 4/15/2017 at 18:54, Jarballs said:

Yep, we are rancid. Not even annoyed anymore, to use a cliché the league doesn't lie. Richie Foran on a 4 year contract was an incredible move from the board, longest contract we've ever given anyone I believe, be it player or manager. It's incredible because we lost so many really good players for bugger-all largely due to the fact that they weren't offered decent contracts. Fair enough, a few of them wouldn't have signed regardless but I'm willing to bet that the majority would have taken an improved deal with perhaps a minimum fee clause or some other sort of arrangement and we'd at least have got a few quid for them. The board has to answer for us going down, money has continually been coming into the club as we've been punching above our weight for a while, be it Europa League, the cup win or just generally doing more with less. None of that has been put anywhere near the team. The most worrying thing is that they will either have to pay a fortune to sack Foran at the end of the season due to his lengthy contract or stick with him. I'd go with the latter to be honest, as daft as that might sound. It's unlikely that such an inept board will have any sort of relegation clause in Richie's contract, would prefer to give him a chance in the Championship rather than squander more cash to bin him off and bring in f**k knows who else

If I had the energy I would indeed be seething

If the worst comes to pass and you go down I say give him a chance.  He's a young manager in his first job and with his long links to the club will be desperate to make amends.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

What would be wrong with Gary Locke?

He did well at Hearts until Ann Budge decided to madly sack him :-O :-O.

What would be right with Gary Locke?

He was relegated with Hearts, albeit due to Administration but you can't say he did well.

He took Killie to second bottom, has done a terrible job with Raith (14 games without a win and flying down the table) and he is now at the bottom of League 2.

Not a chance he is good enough.

Trolling your fellow supporters........oh dear

Delete your account.

10 hours ago, harry94 said:

He come out in the press a wee while ago and explained the situation. He said that he went up for an interview and come out of it feeling quite good about things and was gutted when he got the call to say that he hadn't got it. It was his belief that the fee required in compensation to Alloa was what scuppered it.

I'd hate if we went down together an you went for him. Could definitely see him getting one over us the next year.

He was said to be gutted at the time and I believe he was the fan's preferred choice but somehow the board opted for the shweet talking Yogi Shughes. I still think Hartley would be a decent choice BUT - can the club afford to get rid of RF?

Whoever it was on the board that came up with the hair-brained deal of giving an untried, untested rookie manager a 4 year contract should seriously be considering his own position.

1 hour ago, Arjy said:

That's good news. Wee Mo is a battler, always has been (Ah kent his faither!)

We might now just about manage to climb into the play-off spot.

All is not lost!

:)

How exactly is this supposed to improve things if Foran's still in charge? I thought he was the problem?

I'd imagine they are quietly pushing Foran into the background in a player coach, and Malpas will be the manager next season irrespective of what division they are in.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I'd imagine they are quietly pushing Foran into the background in a player coach, and Malpas will be the manager next season irrespective of what division they are in.

Or laying the ground for the return of Butcher...

Archived