Caley Thistle Thread 1994 - 2017

I'm surprised to see Williams have such a bad time at Dundee as well as seeing some fans say he's too slow. His pace was always really good for us. Vincent I'm less surprised about. He picked up a bad injury early on with us and was never the same again. A bit of a nothing player. I think though some of our fans opinions of him has been skewered by his goal in the final. I'm wasn't overly sad when he went. John Hughes was going to release him anyway apparently.

Vincent is probably the best of the trio of ex-Inverness players we have. Can see that he'd probably make quite a bit of difference to our midfield. Problem is that he's missing so often that he's always playing catch up due to injuries etc therefore isn't always up to the pace of the game and gets caught out.

If all 3 were fully fit, he'd be the one out of the 3 that I'd keep.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fancy taking Danny Williams back? Never seen a player that offers as little as he does.

Whilst we are at it you can have Vincent and Ross back too.

Since our options on the left midfield come down to one experienced player who has chosen to ignore the views of the support that he doesn't try hard enough and our other two options could be on their way end of season then yes would be glad to have him back. Nick Ross would also be welcome back.

Now I understand
What you tried to say to me
And how you suffered for your sanity
And how you tried to set them free

They would not listen, they did not know how
Perhaps they'll listen now

But I could've told you Vincent
This world was never meant for
One as beautiful as you

We are still a flawed team but the last two games have shown improvement in organisation and effort. Also, we've got Billy Mckay up front, a far, far superior player to anyone we had earlier in the season.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

The team spirit, work rate and commitment on show last night was very reminiscent of season 2010 when we won the then Div 1 title and promotion with a bit of style.

Interesting times ahead?

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

We are still a flawed team but the last two games have shown improvement in organisation and effort. Also, we've got Billy Mckay up front, a far, far superior player to anyone we had earlier in the season.

McKay is the difference on both counts. Thought he was magnificent last night, not least because he snarled at his teammates when they let him down - they've needed someone on the pitch giving them a bit of stick all season, and he doesn't hold back.

18 minutes ago, Macshimmy said:

McKay is the difference on both counts. Thought he was magnificent last night, not least because he snarled at his teammates when they let him down - they've needed someone on the pitch giving them a bit of stick all season, and he doesn't hold back.

Spot on. That's something that's been lacking ever since Shinnie left.

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Billy McKay is probably better than Doumbouya, Boden and Fisher combined. Seriously.

You can probably add Anier to that list too, on the basis of his few games for us. Glad Foran has had the balls not to persist with him in the starting line up. 

9 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

You can probably add Anier to that list too, on the basis of his few games for us. Glad Foran has had the balls not to persist with him in the starting line up. 

Totally forgot about Anier. Yep add him as well.

Hard to believe how poor we've been this season but yet the inconsistency of the pack has got us out of jail. Not out of the woods by any means but we are coming back with some form at the right time while others are showing the crumbling form we previously had. I think we did have the weakest team we have ever had in the top flight ever before the window, we should have been buried down to the Championship by now, but we didn't, despite everyone writing us off. I hope this experience can benefit us in the long run and its good experience for Richie Foran, he will learn a lot from this. The real measure of a club is when things are going wrong and the club, manager, players etc show the fight and mental strength to overcome the bad times, unlike some clubs I could mention who were recently in the news.

• 1 month later...

With Tansey away we already have a replacement for that position in Liam Polworth. Nick Ross should come home in the summer to replace the invisible Anier.

No to Ross return, he left so let him take it regarding not playing plus, they say "never go back".

Its new players AND management needed, been quiet for a few weeks but RF record is diabolical and is sackable at any other club with chairmen that care!!!

RF keeps talking pish about looking up yet we draw and go f****** bottom.

Archived