Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Our record in the Friday night games is pretty good is it not? Well the home games anyway.

It's reasonable.

Some cracking wins, 4-1 against Hibs in 2013 and 4-0 v. Accies in 2015 but also some dire defeats, there was a 0-4 v Hibs and a 0-5 v Celtic.

The night of the Hibs abandonment was pretty poor too, 1-0 down and never scoring so it was a blessing in disguise when it was called off. That was just a really strange night, the weather was awful, a guy collapsed in the Cooper just before kick off, fire engines were descending on the stadium whilst the 'coded' PA for Constable ERIS to report to the control room rang out frequently to much bemusement of those who didn't know what it meant. Then half time was extended 15 minutes before the south floodlight failed....and then it was finally abandoned.

The replayed fixture of that night was pretty good mind you, thought not on a Friday night.

Pissed off I'm missing this, love a visit to Fir Park, drop in to the Electric Bar to spread some east coast civilisation [emoji6], then floodlit fitbaw. Plus there's a beer festival in the toun hall. May the soccer spirits of Disco Dave McPherson v Nasty Nick Cusack raise this beyond the mundane.

Wonder if we'd maybe be tempted to drop one of Djoum or Cowie to go 4-2-3-1 tomorrow.

Get Walker, Nicholson and Watt behind Sammon or Johnsen.  I think playing 2 up is seeing us create lots of chances but we're not taking them and the 3 in behind would see us get more bodies in the box.

37 minutes ago, ropy said:

Too big a celebration from Wullie for me, and don't remember wee John being so prolific.

Think it's fair to say that you guys had the best of Pettigrew - he was still ok for Hearts, and had been a bit better for Dundee Untied.

Absolute goal machine for 'well.

Chopper McLaren in our side too.

16 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Motherwell are 3/1 with bet365

Was just about to post that. You can get 16/5 on other bookies on oddschecker. Seems very generous.

OK, Hearts away form isn't that great but I'm surprised the odds are that big. I'm getting on it.

Edit: So it'll be a draw or an away win.

Games like this make me gutted I don't live closer. Always enjoyed the Friday night games.

Hopefully Moult, after a good week's training, is feeling better and no kids toys are hindering his performance this week. Other than a blitz 30 minutes against Hamilton, I'm not sure the Moult, Bowman, McDonald front line fits together that well but will be interested to see what happens tonight assuming McGhee goes with all three again. If he doesn't I hope Ainsworth gets a game. Think I heard McGhee saying Blyth is nearing contention again and will be playing for the under 20s this week so that'll throw another option into the mix.

I'm generally pessimistic going into Motherwell games but I think tonight will be a scoring draw so I'll go 1-1 with Moult getting ours.

On 9/27/2016 at 17:23, Swello said:

In nostalgia corner, one of my favourite (or at least most memorable) 'Well - Hearts games at Fir Park was the corresponding fixture <inaudible mumble> years ago. It sums up what it was like playing Hearts in those days. We utterly battered them for 90 mins but Henry *fucking* Smith was outstanding, Iain Ferguson scored a beauty for them (and probably sealed his move to Fir Park in the process) and we had 3 goals chalked off before finally equalising. It was pishing down and everyone was huddled under the covered terracing, so I remember it was a great atmosphere too - and what a 'Well team (on a different planet football-wise to what we watch now).

Worth watching for Stevie Kirk *very deliberately* shoving the Linesman over in the mud and pretending he didn't mean it :) 

I remember that game well. I had an ingrowing nail removed from my big toe on the Friday afternoon and could hardly walk so went to the Main Stand instead of my usual spot. I was in agony every time I involuntarily jumped up. You could have probably done without knowing this little anecdote though.

14 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Working the night, so will miss this - might not even get updates - might not even find oot the score until I get hame about one!

Mind that 6-1 game we lost at Fir Park - that was fucking horrendous.

Come on man! Focus on the positives!

Hearts to sneak a 7 goal thriller*

*1-0 Motherwell (Moult - 86mins)

Working the night, so will miss this - might not even get updates - might not even find oot the score until I get hame about one!

Mind that 6-1 game we lost at Fir Park - that was fucking horrendous.

Motherwell's highlights usually go up about midnight. There's no chance you'll manage to avoid the score though.

Archived