Aussie Rules

ICTChris

• 5 months later...

Season kicked off today as Richmond beat Carlton 97-64. Soured by a scrap between some folk in the stands at the final siren.

This weeks BT games:

Fri: Colingwood vs Geelong (08.30)
Sat: Melbourne vs Port Adelaide (02:30)
Sat: Western Bulldogs vs Sydney (08:00)
Sun: GWS vs Essendon (04:00)

5 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Season kicked off today as Richmond beat Carlton 97-64. Soured by a scrap between some folk in the stands at the final siren.

This weeks BT games:

Fri: Colingwood vs Geelong (08.30)
Sat: Melbourne vs Port Adelaide (02:30)
Sat: Western Bulldogs vs Sydney (08:00)
Sun: GWS vs Essendon (04:00)

Over 85,000 at the MCG last night and probably season ending ACL injury to the Tigers defender Alex Rance. 

Edited by Eednud

Aye that's the MCG. 85,000 for that game. The Lions weren't great last year but still to play their first game this.

Last night's game was IMO a classic example of why this sport is so popular here. Enthralling.

Decided to start following the AFL more closely as it looks like a cracking watch on TV.

Based purely on listening to a Simpsons podcast based in Geelong I'm going to follow the Cats. They any good?

Decided to start following the AFL more closely as it looks like a cracking watch on TV.

Based purely on listening to a Simpsons podcast based in Geelong I'm going to follow the Cats. They any good?
Aye, they're pretty decent and had a good win in opener against Collingwood who got to Grand Final last year. I like the Hawks as remember seeing them on channel 4 when I was a boy and they had an interesting colour choice of kit.

3 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Always near the top end although had a shocker in the finals last year. Have two superstars in Patrick Dangerfield and Gary Ablett Jr.

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

My first AFL game was the season opener between Carlton and Essendon back in 1999 at the MCG.

What an atmosphere and a great night.  A brilliant game to watch and play.

My family over these had a mix of Carlton, Richmond, Collingwood and Bulldogs fans.  Was good fun.

I ended up with Carlton as my team and if I have a good look later  I will try and find my Carlton jacket which will now be about 2 sizes too small.

The Carlton women's team are in the Grand Final of the AFLW against the Adelaide Crows at Adelaide Oval next  Sunday. Over 13,000 at the Crows SF yesterday so good chance of a massive crowd next week plus it's free entry for AFLW games.

Not sure if the hullabaloo about Carlton's Tayla Harris made it over your way. AFL posted this pic on then removed it because of trolling then had to apologise and eat some humble pie by reinstating it. 

A woman wearing white football shorts, coloured singlet and orange football boots in mid-kick, with one leg high in the air.