Aussie Rules

ICTChris

Disappointing from Brisbane after a good start to their campaign. First sell-out at the Gabba for the Lions for 9 years. Pity they couldn't at least keep it competitive (and not just for the usual reasons of always wanting Collingwood to lose).

Looking forward to the Crows against Gold Coast, huge game for Adelaide considering how disappointing their start has been. Game 300 for Eddie Betts. St Kilda against Melbourne looks like a great prospect as well. Melbourne finally off the mark but coming up against a Saints side who I think have surprised a few people.
Big game on Monday too between Hawks and Cats especially as Hawthorn have had an indifferent start to the season.

Big game on Monday too between Hawks and Cats especially as Hawthorn have had an indifferent start to the season.

The cats have looked good so far, them, GWS, Eagles and Collingwood look most likely to end up top four to me. Hawks didn't really impress me against the Saints last week, they had a lot of problems with injuries and were perhaps harshly done by with the free that led to Lonie winning the game (though they had their fair share of luck decisions from the umpires prior to that that seem to have been conveniently forgotten), but I don't think they look up to much.

Freo beat GWS earlier (and broke the 100 so it seems like teams are actually scoring again). Good start for the Saints against Melbourne, they have just suffocated Melbourne forcing them into mistakes and opening them up very easily. If St Kilda hold on this win will be huge.

Don't think many people had Hawthorn making the 8 at the start of the season. Adelaide on the on the other hand have been a real letdown.

St Kilda's next victim.

I'm now hoping Gold Coast get a win tomorrow and the Cats lose on Monday to end round 5 with the Saints and Gold Coast in the top two positions on the ladder.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

St Kilda's next victim.

I'm now hoping Gold Coast get a win tomorrow and the Cats lose on Monday to end round 5 with the Saints and Gold Coast in the top two positions on the ladder.

Yeah good to see a couple of rogue teams up there. St Kilda haven't made the finals since 2011 and Gold Coast have only finished above 14th once.

Good win for Brisbane against Gold Coast earlier (only caught the last few minutes). Watching the Saints against the Crows. Competitive start with the Saints edging it so far, but the same old story of kicking behinds from good opportunities for goals. St Kilda looking to top the ladder again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I backed Adelaide at $16 about Christmas time. 

Looked OK v. Richmond but not likely to terrify Geelong. Looks like Jenkins might have damaged himself seriously.  The Cats are their next opponents after a bye next week. A bit of a run of fixtures then: Port, Suns, Essendon, Carlton, Saints. Should be in the top 4 before facing Eagles & Pies after that. I don't think the 15/1 is anything other than a fair price. 

I reckon Geelong and Collingwood will make the 4. Eagles thereabouts. Doubts about GWS, who still look an uncoordinated bunch of individuals instead of a team too often for my liking.  Richmond have a string of games coming up at the MCG & I was quite impressed with them in Adelaide but losing Rance in round 1 was a bigger loss than most realised. Players coming back but too big an ask in my book to make the 4.  Wouldn't rule Hawthorn out of sneaking under the radar. 

Cats, Pies, Crows, Eagles the 4 and one of them will win the flag. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...