Aussie Rules

ICTChris

2 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Still getting to grips with it, watched Essendon / St Kilda this morning, safe to say the refs let most things go!

It does take time to get your head round it. I've watched a fair bit and still don't fully get it. St Kilda are one of the worst teams so that's another rubbish result for the Bombers.

1 minute ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Finished watching the Swans v Crows game this morning. Swans not looking up to much so far this season. Catching up on Geelong v Melbourne just now. I don't think I'll bother with other game.

Swans Crows wasn't a classic but there were some great goals, Buddy's from the boundary a particular highlight. 

Women’s Grand Final at Adelaide Oval this afternoon saw Adelaide Crows 10.3 (63) wallop Carlton 2.6 (18). They expected a crowd of 25-30,000 and ended up with 53, 034.. Highest crowd for an AFLW game. 

ETA that’s a shitnload more than Port Power usually get at the same venue and almost 3,000 more than the Crows men got form their season opener last week.

Edited by Eednud

Are the Dogs and Brisbane...good now?

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Women’s Grand Final at Adelaide Oval this afternoon saw Adelaide Crows 10.3 (63) wallop Carlton 2.6 (18). They expected a crowd of 25-30,000 and ended up with 53, 034.. Highest crowd for an AFLW game. 

ETA that’s a shitnload more than Port Power usually get at the same venue and almost 3,000 more than the Crows men got form their season opener last week.

Wow, seriously impressive.

Thrilling game this morning between Melbourne and Essendon. Great win for Essendon considering the week they've had. It really felt like a must not lose game for both sides and it's been a pretty disastrous start for Melbourne.

Good win for Geelong too yesterday, they are looking strong this year.

Great start for the Gold Coast so far, 26-2 up against Western Bulldogs. Very early in the game yet and I'd back the Doggies to win, but the Suns are playing some good football. After beating Freo and playing pretty well against St Kilda I think the Suns are better than they've been given credit for.

The Carlton women's team are in the Grand Final of the AFLW against the Adelaide Crows at Adelaide Oval next  Sunday. Over 13,000 at the Crows SF yesterday so good chance of a massive crowd next week plus it's free entry for AFLW games.
Not sure if the hullabaloo about Carlton's Tayla Harris made it over your way. AFL posted this pic on then removed it because of trolling then had to apologise and eat some humble pie by reinstating it. 
10929344-3x2-700x467.jpg&key=ecf5ee520cb837a2addb18832ed76259867ef17df45a9e3f5a110a67c165890a
It didn't but thanks for posting

Just watched the Saints against Hawks game, and despite it being on paper one of the least exciting prospects it turned out to be the best game I watched all weekend (albeit I didn't watch the Gold Coast game which sounded good). St Kilda more than worthy winners, who should have put it to bed early in the fourth quarter but the kicking accuracy in front of goal is still poor.

Watched the Brisbane v Collingwood game earlier. The Pies were in superb form. Brodie Grundy is some player. They have a good few superstars and seem to be getting better with every game.

Disappointing from Brisbane after a good start to their campaign. First sell-out at the Gabba for the Lions for 9 years. Pity they couldn't at least keep it competitive (and not just for the usual reasons of always wanting Collingwood to lose).

Looking forward to the Crows against Gold Coast, huge game for Adelaide considering how disappointing their start has been. Game 300 for Eddie Betts. St Kilda against Melbourne looks like a great prospect as well. Melbourne finally off the mark but coming up against a Saints side who I think have surprised a few people.