Sons of the Rock vs. Doonhamers (9th vs. 1st)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely if Marshall was benched he was fit enough to play? I personally wouldn't drop Higgins for Marshall. You don't change a backline that's kept two clean sheets from two games.

Skelton said in his podcast from yesterday that Marshall only trained on Friday and should be challenging for a start vs. Linfield.

Would be brave to drop Higgins, as you rightly say, after the 2 clean sheets against Hibernian and Dumbarton.

As Higgins had to sit out and await a chance to get back into the team, then Marshall may have to bide his time also.

Better teams than us will go to Dumbarton and fail to win. They are a totally different proposition at home than when playing on the road. In fact, Dumbarton haven't been beaten by more than a single goal in the league this season.

Although they are 2nd bottom they beat Dundee Utd 1-0 at home and also lost by a single goal to Hibs. I see yesterday's draw as a decent result especially since we had big players missing through injury. It maintains our unbeaten start in the league and also keeps us top of the league!!

All clubs in this division are more than capable of taking points off each other. Look at yesterday's St Mirren v Falkirk game......bottom of the league and earn a draw against one of the form teams just now.

Let's not wet our knickers too much by seeing a no score draw away to Dumbarton as a poor result. That could easily have been a game we would have lost last season. It could turn out to be a very valuable point come the end of the season.

Mon the South [emoji170]

Bob Harris? What's the script with him? Think we need to get a left sided player in. Heard Mcmillan was at game yesterday is he still training with us or was he just there to watch his pal Lyle (play). Think this is the team to recruit a couple of players when we sit at the top to show we mean business this season.

Bob Harris? What's the script with him? Think we need to get a left sided player in. Heard Mcmillan was at game yesterday is he still training with us or was he just there to watch his pal Lyle (play). Think this is the team to recruit a couple of players when we sit at the top to show we mean business this season.

Would be good to get Harris if he was available and we could afford him.

Jordan McMillan?

Lyle was sitting a few rows in front of where I was. I wasn't sure who he was sitting next to and this could well have been Jordan. I wasn't aware McMillan had been training with Queens whilst serving his blanket ban from football.

McMillan is banned from football, not just from playing. He isnt allowed to train with any club and hasnt been training with us or anyone else. He also still has another month of his ban to go I think. I read an interview a few weeks ago where he said he was working one on one with a personal trainer to get his fitness up.

Del was sitting with McMillan and his dad rather than the other injured players. Del went into the dressing room at half time though, I assume that's where he went anyway, he definitely went down the tunnel pretty much as soon as whistle went. 

McMillan is banned from football, not just from playing. He isnt allowed to train with any club and hasnt been training with us or anyone else. He also still has another month of his ban to go I think. I read an interview a few weeks ago where he said he was working one on one with a personal trainer to get his fitness up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36907073

He has been allowed to resume training since his ban got reduced, but can't play again until next month.

16 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36907073

He has been allowed to resume training since his ban got reduced, but can't play again until next month.

Apologies. Knew the ban was reduced by a month, didnt realise the training ban was reduced altogether.

Del was sitting with McMillan and his dad rather than the other injured players. Del went into the dressing room at half time though, I assume that's where he went anyway, he definitely went down the tunnel pretty much as soon as whistle went. 

I seen him sitting with them, as they were a few rows in front from me but didn't know who they were at the time. I noticed Lyle leaving at half time and returning for the second half.

Apologies. Knew the ban was reduced by a month, didnt realise the training ban was reduced altogether.

Would be a good signing for Queens and if he's friendly with Lyle he may sign up at Palmerston.

Anybody know how many games we've won when Higgins played LB? 

Think when Marshall was out last season it was 3 defeats and 1 draw. Not sure of the results before that. Think we won one at Alloa a few seasons back, but my general feeling is that we haven't won many. Could be wrong.

Would be a good signing for Queens and if he's friendly with Lyle he may sign up at Palmerston.

I forgot that Jordan was on loan at Queens back in season 2009-10 with 16 league appearances.

Anybody know how many games we've won when Higgins played LB? 

Think when Marshall was out last season it was 3 defeats and 1 draw. Not sure of the results before that. Think we won one at Alloa a few seasons back, but my general feeling is that we haven't won many. Could be wrong.

I've got a similar feeling that Queens' results with Higgins at left back hasn't been great.

On 1 October 2016 at 22:53, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

Did you take your two sons to the game today? I only ask because I saw two kids about the age of yours getting out of a car near the mini-roundabout around 300 yards from the ground and thought they might be yours. A man and woman were with them.

Idly curious, that's all?

Mine I think

Archived