Saturday 24th September GAMES OFF

renfrewfc

Combination of a couple of things I reckon. The climate's definitely changing; we're more likely to get short bursts of intense rain - like the inch and a bit in the space of two or three hours that did for ours on the Friday night a week ago. It also takes less for a game to be called of nowadays than it used to - a waterlogged patch of a few square yards will put it whereas that never used to be the case.

ETA - St Roch's game is on BTW!

16 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Combination of a couple of things I reckon. The climate's definitely changing; we're more likely to get short bursts of intense rain - like the inch and a bit in the space of two or three hours that did for ours on the Friday night a week ago. It also takes less for a game to be called of nowadays than it used to - a waterlogged patch of a few square yards will put it whereas that never used to be the case.

ETA - St Roch's game is on BTW!

Spot on Hill.  In recent times we'd have games called off at Brig O'Lea all because of a pool that would form on the far touchline in front of the shed.  Luckily with Brig O'Lea being such a wide park it's given us the chance this season to pull that touchline in a bit and hopefully the water will now form off the playing area and give us a better chance.

15 minutes ago, Brig O'Lea said:

Spot on Hill.  In recent times we'd have games called off at Brig O'Lea all because of a pool that would form on the far touchline in front of the shed.  Luckily with Brig O'Lea being such a wide park it's given us the chance this season to pull that touchline in a bit and hopefully the water will now form off the playing area and give us a better chance.

We once had a game off because the side of the pitch was frozen and it was unsafe for the lino. I am not kidding , though probably the real reason was we had players injured :-)

Archived