Hunted

The Minertaur

• 6 months later...

The American version of Hunted is on 4OD and I watched the first episode last night. It looks promising...

So far we've had one couple who had smartly written down a day by day plan as to where they were going to stay on their calendar but tore that page out.  Not realising that they'd written so hard that they could just look at the next month and read every word!

Although a special shout out to the morons who withdrew money at a bus terminal before boarding a bus from the same place.  Caught as soon as the bus reached its destination :lol: 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2017 at 10:01, The Minertaur said:

The American version of Hunted is on 4OD and I watched the first episode last night. It looks promising...

Reveal hidden contents

So far we've had one couple who had smartly written down a day by day plan as to where they were going to stay on their calendar but tore that page out.  Not realising that they'd written so hard that they could just look at the next month and read every word!

Although a special shout out to the morons who withdrew money at a bus terminal before boarding a bus from the same place.  Caught as soon as the bus reached its destination :lol: 

Ended up binge watching the whole thing, all set up. Loads of little bits and pieces that pointed to this. British one was a lot better. 

18 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Ended up binge watching the whole thing, all set up. Loads of little bits and pieces that pointed to this. British one was a lot better. 

I agree the British one was better but I still quite enjoyed this one.  Seriously disliked English though - she seems like an absolute nightmare!

8 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I agree the British one was better but I still quite enjoyed this one.  Seriously disliked English though - she seems like an absolute nightmare!

How under the thumb was her husband? 

David who used to be a gangster also annoyed me a fair amount. 

Two Muslims were quality, seemed genuinely nice people.

4 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

How under the thumb was her husband? 

David who used to be a gangster also annoyed me a fair amount. 

Two Muslims were quality, seemed genuinely nice people.

Aye the husband was a massive pushover.  "Don't phone your sister" "I've already dialled" :lol:

Loved the escape game guys flying in the partner for a quick visit as well!

31 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Aye the husband was a massive pushover.  "Don't phone your sister" "I've already dialled" :lol:

Loved the escape game guys flying in the partner for a quick visit as well!

They were absolutely brilliant, loved giving a wind up. 

Spoiler

It did annoy me a bit at the end that they had to run about a mile and a half further than English and her husband. Thought they were going to get caught when the lad had to sit down.

41 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

They were absolutely brilliant, loved giving a wind up. 

Reveal hidden contents

It did annoy me a bit at the end that they had to run about a mile and a half further than English and her husband. Thought they were going to get caught when the lad had to sit down.

Agreed with what you said in the spoiler.  Didn't like the whole idea of it anyway - seemed stupid considering how hard it is anyway.

• 6 months later...

One caught already and the father and son that took shelter in the chapel will be next to be caught after the son phoned his mother and gave their location by phone. Not one of the brightest things to do as the Hunters had her phoned tapped.

Do some of the contestants on this have any idea what the show is about?  The wifey who was caught last night thought that she'd evade capture by getting the coach to drive past her stop? What was her plan if there was somebody there needing picked up?

Surely the best thing she could have done (other than not get a bloody coach) would have been to ask the driver to drop her off somewhere random? Not at a main bus station?

The Father and Son are going to be very lucky to not get caught quickly.  Might be lucky in that they flag down a car before the hunters get near them!

What would everybody on here do if they were on the show?  I'd camp somewhere after hitchhiking a ride.  Seems to be the most sensible method!

What would everybody on here do if they were on the show?  I'd camp somewhere after hitchhiking a ride.  Seems to be the most sensible method!

I think last year many of us came to the conclusion that you are not allowed to simply go and camp for the full show. Too many people end up near a big city that I suspect it must be in the small print that you do X,Y and Z as a minimum and they don’t tell the viewers this.

If this isn’t the case then it could be that camping for weeks on end isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and eventually everyone gets lonely and feels the need to move back into civilisation.

Think the lad in Subway was along the lines of a right idea. Unfortunately the lad who he gave the poncho to simply wouldn't commit whatsoever. 

He also made a mistake in the fact that he went into a Subway. In the situation I'd have headed straight for a department store with multiple exits, went to the toilets, shaved my beard, fired a wig on, change of clothes and exited through a different doorway. Maybe take a fake shoe cast as well, something that will alter your general gait but be common enough not to arouse suspicion. 

The old wifey on the bus also had a crux of a good idea but the coach to Milton Keynes would have been a perfect decoy. They were clearly going to think she'd be disguised and follow anyway so wait until the bus leaves, give it a while so no one is looking at the station any longer and head elsewhere. 

I'd be headed straight to somewhere like Elgin or Dingwall. 

Edited by djchapsticks

You need to get to the extraction point so whilst camping out or heading to Wick is fine you need to get back again.

I could quite comfortably camp out keeping on the move for 3 weeks perhaps but you would need to dip into towns/ villages for supplies.

When you see the size of bags/tents and how people want to eat on this show its clear most don't have that kind of experience. I would have thought ed forces guys could do it though.

It's a shame but this idea could have been great tele. The foresight of the Hunted team is uncanny and they always seem to get it spot on with their theories. They couldn't possibly be getting assistance from the camera crew assigned to each team could they? The 'Ghost' surveillance operative who just happens to be near to Strathclyde park and drives around until he happens to 'spot' the team hitching a lift. More scripted than Towie. Wont be watching another one.