Hunted

The Minertaur

On 2/2/2019 at 07:37, Albertlegend said:

I dont get why members of the public phone in and grass for the possibilty of a few quid. Surely you would rather get it up thr Hunters rather than stick some one trying to win £100k! 

On 2/2/2019 at 09:50, Bert Raccoon said:

I'd grass my own mother in for £200.

Aye I'm with Bert.  If I'm not personally on the tv show and somebody appears who is on it I would rather be a few hundred quid up instead of some randomer winning £100k.

Yep I'm done with hunted now.
I read your post before I'd watched the most recent episode I'd recorded and you've nailed it.
Obviously its edited and done in a way to make the viewing "tense" but its so fake man.
How does all of a sudden when they decide they want to visit someone, the hunters at the same time discover they have a "friend" or such like in the exact area of the country their in. Just have a series where they don't need to contact anyone, phone anyone, and do their own thing and see how the hunters get on.

100% this. I can’t even remember exactly what it was that happened in last weeks episode but I just remember being pissed off at one part and thinking ‘This is totally fake’, and ‘How the f**k did they know that/get there’ kind of thing. Also, the hunters and detective lot it the office are such a cringeworthy bunch of arseholes, especially that old p***k always talking like he’s a badass actual detective on a real case and that younger c**t with the slick dark hair is a complete helmet too. Seeing them when they celebrate someone being caught makes me want to set them on fire.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

100% this. I can’t even remember exactly what it was that happened in last weeks episode but I just remember being pissed off at one part and thinking ‘This is totally fake’, and ‘How the f**k did they know that/get there’ kind of thing. Also, the hunters and detective lot it the office are such a cringeworthy bunch of arseholes, especially that old p***k always talking like he’s a badass actual detective on a real case and that younger c**t with the slick dark hair is a complete helmet too. Seeing them when they celebrate someone being caught makes me want to set them on fire.

It feels as if its just gotten worse with every passing series, probably due to all the things you mentioned.  I quite liked the main guy the first series I watched but he has wore thin.

Am I right in saying that the main detective guy has had a bit of a chequered career?  I'm sure I read something along those lines?

It feels as if its just gotten worse with every passing series, probably due to all the things you mentioned.  I quite liked the main guy the first series I watched but he has wore thin.

Am I right in saying that the main detective guy has had a bit of a chequered career?  I'm sure I read something along those lines?

Not sure but unusually for ‘folk off the telly’ he doesn’t have a wiki page and the immediate search results don’t seem to bring up too much insight into his career.

Not sure but unusually for ‘folk off the telly’ he doesn’t have a wiki page and the immediate search results don’t seem to bring up too much insight into his career.
He thought Livingston FC had something to do with the doorstep murder of the banker in Nairn! Seems a very odd and implausible thing to come up with..

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3491948/peter-bleksley-hunted-livingston-fc-alistair-wilson-murder-nairn-banker/amp/

26 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

It was actually the old main guy Peter Blexely I was referring to.   Can't find anything about any issues with him but he is the guy who was investigating the "Door Stop Killer" up North, I remember being young and that story intriguing me. 

Googling it - I found this (it is the Sun so large pinch of salt needed) https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3491948/peter-bleksley-hunted-livingston-fc-alistair-wilson-murder-nairn-banker/

5 minutes ago, Shannon said:

He thought Livingston FC had something to do with the doorstep murder of the banker in Nairn! Seems a very odd and implausible thing to come up with..

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3491948/peter-bleksley-hunted-livingston-fc-alistair-wilson-murder-nairn-banker/amp/

Too quick for me Shannon.

Guy sounds like an absolute throbber. He’s probably investigated 1 housebreaking as a special constable and thinks he’s something from life on mars.

It was actually the old main guy Peter Blexely I was referring to.   Can't find anything about any issues with him but he is the guy who was investigating the "Door Stop Killer" up North, I remember being young and that story intriguing me. 
Googling it - I found this (it is the Sun so large pinch of salt needed) https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3491948/peter-bleksley-hunted-livingston-fc-alistair-wilson-murder-nairn-banker/

That’s who I was on about.

17 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The idea that they’re methods are as quick and in depth in real life is mad. If they had to play that by real world rules they’d hardly catch a single person.

Yep, its contrived to give the hunters the best chance of catching every contestant.  Britain is a large island, there's no way they would catch everyone irl within 25 days.  They wouldn't have a fucking clue where to start with half of them.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, its contrived to give the hunters the best chance of catching every contestant.  Britain is a large island, there's no way they would catch everyone irl within 25 days.  They wouldn't have a fucking clue where to start with half of them.

I feel your pain too about how contrived it all is, but the programme would be a bit shit if it was just them all sitting in the office for 25 days doing feck all, whilst intermittently switching to shots of the hunted sitting in a tent on Brecon Beacons freezing their baws off.

If i had a group of people helping me as well id have them briefed to not be smart arses and try to give false info, i’d just get them to answer ‘no comment’ to every question, the amount of crap the family and friends give away is mental.
But this portrayal of these hunters in their early/mid 30’s as some kind of seasoned investigators sticks in the craw, if they were that good they’d still be in their old job. Its pure fallacy, the entire thing.

If i had a group of people helping me as well id have them briefed to not be smart arses and try to give false info, i’d just get them to answer ‘no comment’ to every question, the amount of crap the family and friends give away is mental.

But this portrayal of these hunters in their early/mid 30’s as some kind of seasoned investigators sticks in the craw, if they were that good they’d still be in their old job. Its pure fallacy, the entire thing.

Totally this. The hunter pressuring that woman last week about her phone use and saying he’d just have to take it if she didn’t spill the beans.

Why didn’t that woman just call his bluff and say “Well seeing as you’re not actually police, just hand me my fucking phone back right now...” [emoji1]

Ish writing that down absolutely screwed the other three. Absolute gutter at the end

What he wrote was still vague as f**k and there’s no way they’d have sussed that it was a helicopter extraction from that actual car park based on what he noted. Rigged as f**k. Pish.

The final episode has me thinking that the whole thing is just rigged. One of the brothers starts running through a car park then does a 90 degree turn into an indoor market and there’s already a camera man in the market waiting to film him. How could they possibly know he was going to decide to run in there. 

And why was the helicopter not sitting on the roof waiting for them instead of trying to land on the roof at the last minute. If the hunters were in the area then it wouldn’t be hard to figure out that the helicopter is going to land on a large flat roof. Lot of pish, won’t be watching it again. 

The final episode has me thinking that the whole thing is just rigged. One of the brothers starts running through a car park then does a 90 degree turn into an indoor market and there’s already a camera man in the market waiting to film him. How could they possibly know he was going to decide to run in there. 
And why was the helicopter not sitting on the roof waiting for them instead of trying to land on the roof at the last minute. If the hunters were in the area then it wouldn’t be hard to figure out that the helicopter is going to land on a large flat roof. Lot of pish, won’t be watching it again. 
And a helicopter sitting waiting on the actual roof wouldn't have given it away?

Its already been discussed on here that they go back and film some stuff after the event.

Did think the last episode was a bit pish though. Too many amazing leaps by the Hunters to work out the extraction point and spotting the brothers on cctv with so many cameras to watch and so many people about was shit.

The extraction point was definitely unfair - the slightest hint that it was in Birmingham and they were all fucked. 

Could only be a helicopter extraction and there is a limited amount of places you can land one. Add in CCTV coverage everywhere and no-one stood a chance.