Hunted

The Minertaur

First episode just finished on channel 4. Loved it. On my phone and not sure how to do a spoiler so if not seen then please ignore....

Great credit to the guy getting lost in Birmingham in a high-viz jacket and avoiding capture[emoji38]

I think one of them must be hiding in the invisible City midfield...

it's interesting to think that 1000s of people go missing every year in the UK, quite a few of whom are never traced. I dare say if you were a fairly normal looking person you could probably go to ground quite easily in a big city. 

While being ex military may help them with a couple of aspects they're doing some right stupid things and it genuinely looks like they're just wanting to force in "military" things even if it's determental for them.

Why would you hump a gillie suit around? It was completely pointless, wasted energy and time. Wearing a Mtp cap around, Wtf was the point in bleaching your hair then? Using mess tins and hexi blocks? Nightmare.

You'd think there one advantage would be living in the field so why did they go into the city? Proper cringe.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

While being ex military may help them with a couple of aspects they're doing some right stupid things and it genuinely looks like they're just wanting to force in "military" things even if it's determental for them.

Why would you hump a gillie suit around? It was completely pointless, wasted energy and time. Wearing a Mtp cap around, Wtf was the point in bleaching your hair then? Using mess tins and hexi blocks? Nightmare.

You'd think there one advantage would be living in the field so why did they go into the city? Proper cringe.

Exactly, when he was crawling along the ground wearing that camouflage so he should see his son. Utterly pointless and  he wasn't even blending in.

My guess around the capture would be they can't do it in an inclosed public place (or privately owned) in case it impacted business and/or in case the person fled and injured someone in the process. Didn't see the first series but based on clips for next weeks show I guess they need to properly apprehend them with handcuffs or something and not just a wee tap on the shoulder.

What about the daft maw giving the game away "aye she'll just be camping with her tent" and the arsehole dad having lists written down.

I'm torn between believing everything 100% or thinking some of it is set up to draw it out. With the army guys son having his first birthday you would imagine they would have had surveillance outside overnight as opposed to turning up to track the car at midday.

Enjoyed it though.

I absolutely loved the first series.  It was gripping and also made you scream a the TV at the sheer stupidity at some of the stuff the contestants did..

First episode on Thursday there was a bit slow, always is when you're first meeting the contestants, wont really get going for another couple of weeks I don' think.

The first series was excellent as they thankfully got rid of the idiots quickly and left us with those who had a clue what they doing - and the hunters could just walk up and tap them on the back as that did happen to a couple of idiotic women who were out for a stroll around some town centre. Presume they couldn't go into the restaurant in case the two army morons legged it over tables.

Why on earth you go to Blackpool and walk about with your partners is beyond me. First thing is get away from all CCTV hotspots. 

I wonder if there are certain parameters they have to follow when they apply - ie you must spend X amount of days in a city, no more than X amount of days camping etc.

I can only assume this is the case because why would you risk it.  Tent, car, Scottish Highlands.   £100k in your pocket.  You could even swim to that wee island in Loch Lomond.

11 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I wonder if there are certain parameters they have to follow when they apply - ie you must spend X amount of days in a city, no more than X amount of days camping etc.

I can only assume this is the case because why would you risk it.  Tent, car, Scottish Highlands.   £100k in your pocket.  You could even swim to that wee island in Loch Lomond.

i said exactly the same thing in work today, yeah you'd need to find food and water every so often, but go shopping late at night at a wee shop in the middle of nowhere that would take hours to get to by road etc, then f**k off elsewhere and set up camp for as long as you can

some of these clowns think hding in plain sight is best, when the hunters are trained to pick out faces from crowds, baws to that go and find the biggest wooded area in britain and live in the trees, no c**t would find you

32 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

i said exactly the same thing in work today, yeah you'd need to find food and water every so often, but go shopping late at night at a wee shop in the middle of nowhere that would take hours to get to by road etc, then f**k off elsewhere and set up camp for as long as you can

some of these clowns think hding in plain sight is best, when the hunters are trained to pick out faces from crowds, baws to that go and find the biggest wooded area in britain and live in the trees, no c**t would find you

It has to be built into the show surely because you just wouldn't go to a city at all.  Same goes for the time prior to leaving - you would buy a disposable pay as you go phone and do all your planning on there and just bin it when you start.

I'm not denying that 28 days alone would be hard going but for £100k I'd do it.  Climb up a crappy but fair sized mountain and just stay there miles off the beaten path.  Go and dump a bike there beforehand also.

ETA - This must be why a camera crew is with them, so that they can ensure they stay within whatever boundaries may be placed.

Edited by Dindeleux

9 hours ago, meanmistermustard said:

Some guy did it last year, went up North and hid out for days in the Scottish wilderness playing games with the Hunters; for some idiotic reason he came back to London on a train and got caught.

Not liking the new rule of the runners having to contact family members during the 28 days.

That was the the doctor wasn't it?  He was trolling the Hunters to f**k then just lost his mind and went on a train straight to Euston in the view of god knows how many CCTV camera.  Fair enough get on a train, but don't get off at the terminus you fucking imbecile.  Problem is, was the pick up site not down south somewhere? Some old airstrip or that? Or am I making that up?

That was the the doctor wasn't it?  He was trolling the Hunters to f**k then just lost his mind and went on a train straight to Euston in the view of god knows how many CCTV camera.  Fair enough get on a train, but don't get off at the terminus you fucking imbecile.  Problem is, was the pick up site not down south somewhere? Some old airstrip or that? Or am I making that up?

Yeah, in Surrey I think? So he would have had to have gone south at some point anyway.