Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

It's a civil war he is trying to stir up. From his latest blog.

As we all know by now, the active Yes movement is split into two camps. On one side are the whiners (mainly but not solely from the fringe far left), who are always full of destructive criticism and abuse for their own side while contributing nothing of any value themselves, other than to promote their own media careers.

On the other are the hard workers who actually get things done, quietly producing materials and work that reach out to voters and make a real difference.

17 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Going by Wings post it looks like he'll be appealing it. It is a strange decision to award all costs to Dugdale as the tweet in question was proven not to be homophobic.

It’s not remotely strange. The legal dispute wasn’t about whether the statement was true or not.

17 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

This is about the size of it. Clearly I'm no one of they Perry Masons, but I'm baffled why he's been lumbered with the costs when he didn't lose.

He did lose. He failed to prove that the civil wrong of defamation had been committed.

5 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

He did lose. He failed to prove that the civil wrong of defamation had been committed.

Surely he has been defamed tho. Dugdale called him homophobic in a national newspaper and brought it up in FMQ'S. 

I get that he's a dick but that tweet was proven not to be homophobic and his name has been dragged through the media accused of homophobia. 

2 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Surely he has been defamed tho. Dugdale called him homophobic in a national newspaper and brought it up in FMQ'S. 

I get that he's a dick but that tweet was proven not to be homophobic and his name has been dragged through the media accused of homophobia. 

No, no he wasn't.

He wasn't because his historical and ongoing conduct renders him open to robust challenge.

Think Lennon and McCoist scuffling and imagine one of them whinging to court afterwards.

He likes to separate his Twitter and blog personas. I'm afraid that he can't.

His Twitter output and this case has tarnished his entertaining but diminishing blog output.

44 minutes ago, sophia said:

No, no he wasn't.

He wasn't because his historical and ongoing conduct renders him open to robust challenge.

Think Lennon and McCoist scuffling and imagine one of them whinging to court afterwards.

He likes to separate his Twitter and blog personas. I'm afraid that he can't.

His Twitter output and this case has tarnished his entertaining but diminishing blog output.

Aye, he's casting around for new causes to get behind.  Crusader without a clue.  And now, without any money too.

18 minutes ago, The DA said:

Aye, he's casting around for new causes to get behind.  Crusader without a clue.  And now, without any money too.

He's just raised a fortune in his recent fundraiser(£171k so far, not bad for a diminishing blog), those costs were all covered by a previous fundraiser specifically for the court case.

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

He's just raised a fortune in his recent fundraiser, those costs were all covered by a previous fundraiser specifically for the court case.

I thought the fundraiser was to cover HIS costs.  Now he has to pay hers too.

Looks like he's raised £150K and £100K of that now has to go on legal bills.  Doesn't leave much for communion wine or running his site.

I'm probably being naive though.

18 minutes ago, The DA said:

I thought the fundraiser was to cover HIS costs.  Now he has to pay hers too.

Looks like he's raised £150K and £100K of that now has to go on legal bills.  Doesn't leave much for communion wine or running his site.

I'm probably being naive though.

He doesn't need to worry about cash, he blows the whistle and folk throw six figures at him in a day or so.

In the last 16 months he's raised somewhere in the region of £450k.

Edited by ayrmad

The Indy Culture War is the way forward for the Yessers and you can see signs of it - even on P&B.
Having failed at the ballot box in 2014 with a political argument it's a shoe-in that the ethno-cultural argument will be brought in to play.
Someone's been at the gin again.

Most of wings over Scotland's biggest critics are his most avid readers.

Wonder why.

A lot of the small details discussed on this forum have their genesis in this website.

But a lot of the posters wouldn't dream of referencing it.

Just now, tirso said:

Most of wings over Scotland's biggest critics are his most avid readers.

Wonder why.

A lot of the small details discussed on this forum have their genesis in this website.

But a lot of the posters wouldn't dream of referencing it.

The 1st site I visit everyday.

Christ fair play to that level of grift. I mind back when I didn't think he was a total liability him saying he was going to hire staff, make a flashy site, mobile app etc. It's just all sitting in his bank account isn't it?

He’s going to end up in jail, and it’ll be one of the funniest things in history.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Oh I don’t know. Murder. Fraud. Embezzlement. Being a dick. Take your pick.

He's certainly not hoodwinking anyone with his crowdfunders if that's what you're hoping for.

He's certainly not hoodwinking anyone with his crowdfunders if that's what you're hoping for.

He clearly has, if the numbers being thrown about here are accurate. If one person donated five pounds to his spurious defamation case, then they’ve been hoodwinked.

But as it seems to have gone flying over your head, my post wasn’t entirely serious.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

He clearly has, if the numbers being thrown about here are accurate. If one person donated five pounds to his spurious defamation case, then they’ve been hoodwinked.

As much as you'd like that to be the case, he hasn't.